Dr. Tamar Meidav practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in San Mateo, CA. Dr. Meidav evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Meidav seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1993
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Cambridge Health Alliance Program
Dr. Tamar Meidav M.D.'s Practice location
San Mateo, CA 94403Get Direction
Dr. Tamar Meidav M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Mr. Luke Joseph Moix MEDICAL DOCTOR1700 Pierce St San Francisco CA 94115
- Kristie Boyce MD, MPH3811 OHara St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Shirley H. Liu M.D.425 Market St. San Francisco CA 94105
- Dr. Brian Neal Kleis M.D.775 Santa Ynez St Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Jeffrey David Livingston-carr MD136 N San Mateo Dr San Mateo CA 94401
- Dr. Patricia Louise Speier M.D.1117 Clement St San Francisco CA 94118