Dr. Cynthia Mattern is a psychologist practicing in Flagstaff, AZ. Dr. Mattern specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Mattern evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Mattern because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Cynthia Mattern M.A.'s Practice location
Flagstaff, AZ 86004Get Direction
Cynthia Mattern M.A.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Emotional Eating?
There may be times that an individual will turn to junk food to deal with emotional stress. This habit of eating comfort foods to satisfy a feeling or an emotion is referred to as emotional eating. When an individual turns to emotional eating, he or she may over eat to try to combat strained...
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- Unique Social Clubs for Women On the Spectrum
For people with autism, social activities can be both difficult and stressful. This can often lead to avoidance of such situations, which in turn leads to isolation. As humans are social beings, lack of interaction with other people can leave many feeling depressed.For one young woman with autism,...
- Psychotherapy vs. Counselling
What is psychotherapy?When a therapist assists his patient in understanding who they are, the process is called psychotherapy. The therapist will take you through a journey that will reorganize your personality. Your insights can then be integrated with your day to day behaviour. Psychotherapy will...
- Meet the Team Behind Sesame's Street's Special Needs Character: Julia
Sesame Street is a wildly popular educational TV series that began to shape our culture on November 10th, 1969. Since then, it has been a long-time favorite of both children and adults. The show combines puppetry, dialogue, and comedy to help educate children on topics such as the alphabet, numbers,...
- Overstimulation Makes Eye Contact Difficult for Those with Autism, Study Finds
It has been a common perception in recent years that when children with autism avoid eye contact out of indifference. People have said they are in their own world and need to be brought out of it.Children with ASD are very different from one another, in their struggles and levels of functioning. A...
- Dr. John Alden Zarske ED.D.107 E. Oak Ave. Flagstaff AZ 86001
- Dr. Eugene Richard Moan ED.D.1521 N Beaver St Flagstaff AZ 86001
- Dr. James Andrew Hogg PH.D.408 N Kendrick St Flagstaff AZ 86001
- Daniel Cady ED D2187 N Vickey St Flagstaff AZ 86004
- Nancy Marie Evans MA, NCSP3285 E Sparrow Ave Flagstaff AZ 86004
- Dr. Michael Jack Mellott ED.D.3509 S Dylan St Flagstaff AZ 86001