Dr. Allan Birnbaum is a family practitioner practicing in Fayetteville, NY. Dr. Birnbaum specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Birnbaum possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1969
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- St Josephs Hosp Hlth Ctr, Family Medicine; Advocate Il Masonic Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Allan M Birnbaum MD's Practice location
Fayetteville, NY 13066Get Direction
Dr. Allan M Birnbaum MD's reviewsWrite Review
- When Could Polydipsia Be a Sign of Something Serious?
Extreme thirst is medically referred to as polydipsia, which is believed to be the first signs of diabetes. Polydipsia can also be accompanied by dry mouth, which could be constantly or temporarily experienced.In order for the body to function properly, it is important to drink an adequate amount of...
- What Are Night Sweats: Get the Facts
What are night sweats?Night sweats are also called as nocturnal hyperhidrosis, which means excessive sweating during the night. Night sweats are episodes of continuous sweating at night even when the environmental temperature is very cold. Some people may sweat so extensively that they might find...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- Alternative Treatments for Head Lice
In case your child spends a night at a friend's house and later claims that the place had a lot of lice then you should know it is not a big deal. Though lice are spread from one person to another, they do not come with diseases and your child is just okay. In case you do not want to use clinical...
- How Long Can Sperm Live?
Introduction An average man ejaculates 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of semen. This small amount of semen contains millions of sperm cells. It only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg, but each sperm has a limited life span, which begins once it leaves a man's body.For a couple trying to have a baby,...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- Dr. John A Alley MD28 1/2 E Main St Marcellus NY 13108
- Mark A Mcconn MD4117 Medical Center Dr Fayetteville NY 13066
- Dr. Mark R Pisik MD4631 Onondaga Blvd Syracuse NY 13219
- Dr. Peter J Christiano M.D.4939 Brittonfield Pkwy East Syracuse NY 13057
- Dr. Michael Timothy Kernan MD.4104 Medical Center Dr Fayetteville NY 13066
- Dr. Thomas J Laclair MD436 Hinsdale Rd Camillus NY 13031