Dr. Ellen Levine is a psychologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Levine specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Levine evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Levine because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Ellen Ruth Levine LCSW R's Practice location
New York, NY 10023Get Direction
Ellen Ruth Levine LCSW R's reviewsWrite Review
- How Poetry Enables Children with Autism to Educate Others
It can be very difficult for children with autism to be understood by their classmates and peers, but recently some have been turning to poetry.Jadon's PoemCandace Thompson recently submitted a poem by her son Jadon, who is 11 years old and on the autism spectrum. When asked what inspired him to...
- The Need for Autism-Friendly Amusement Parks
While amusement parks are a source of a great time for many families all throughout the year, families who have members with autism have a bit of a harder time. With additional planning required, and occasionally not having the parks being sufficiently accommodating toward those with autism, many...
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Dr. Sonja M. Ramirez PH.D.Mobile office New York and Northeastern NJ 07110
- Dr. Dominick John Riccio PSYCHOLOGIST1036 Park Ave New York NY 10028
- Dr. Mary F. Macedonio PSYCHOLOGIST15038 Union Tpke Flushing NY 11367
- Dr. Aviva Druks PHD134 Middle Neck Rd Great Neck NY 11021
- Vanessa Porto Caskey412 6th Avenue New York New York 10011
- Dr. Irina Volynsky PHD440 West Street Fort Lee New Jersey 07024