Dr. Joy Lynn Collins M.D.
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery34th & Civic Center Blvd Children's Hospital Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Joy Collins practices Pediatric Surgery in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Collins treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Collinsdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1996
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1996
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Hlth Ctr Of Pittsburgh, General Surgery; Mcp Hahnemann Univ, General Surgery
- McP Hahnemann/Med College Pa
Dr. Joy Lynn Collins M.D.'s Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
ROANOKE, VA 24013Get Direction
Dr. Joy Lynn Collins M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Collins
- What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
What is a pediatric surgeon?A pediatric surgeon is a pediatrician, who is specially trained to perform a variety of medical procedures on newborns, infants, and children. They are experts when it comes to the diagnosis and operative care of different health conditions in children. These specialists...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Dr. Nick Scott Adzick MD34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Michael L Nance M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. William Hughes Peranteau M.D.34TH & CIVIC CENTER BLVD PHILADELPHIA PA 19104
- Dr. Peter A Mattei M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. David Stitelman MD34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Alan W Flake M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104