Dr. Renslow Sherer M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease5841 S Maryland Ave Mc 5065 Chicago IL, 60637
Dr. Renslow Sherer is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Sherer specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 1977
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Cook County Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Renslow Sherer M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
Dr. Renslow Sherer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sherer
- What Are the Symptoms of AIDS?
Acquired Immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, is a disease that develops in the advanced stages of infection by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Infection by HIV weakens the immune system of the person by destroying the CD4 cells, the primary infection fighters of the body. A person is said to...
- Lyme Disease: The Signs and Symptoms
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by a bacterium called as Borrelia burgdorferi. It is transmitted to humans via a common tick after feeding on human blood. In most affected individuals, the disease is acute, which is only lasting for a short period of time. But for the rest, the bacteria...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- The Three Stages of Lyme Disease
The problem with Lyme disease is that it is difficult to treat because the organism responsible for the disease hides from your immune system. Lyme disease goes through three stages, and in each stage, they produce different signs and symptoms. The three stages of Lyme disease are:...
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- Dr. Vijay Yeldandi MD901 Mcclintock Dr Willowbrook IL 60527
- Dr. Erica Elizabeth Kaufman west M.D.2601 W Main St Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Rima Mcleod M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Gary Noskin MD680 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Frank Palella MD680 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Emily Michele Landon M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637