Dr. John Mcgarry is a psychologist practicing in Holbrook, NY. Dr. Mcgarry specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Mcgarry evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Mcgarry because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
John J Mcgarry PHD's Practice location
Holbrook, NY 11741Get Direction
John J Mcgarry PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Autism: An Outsider's Perspective
Though widely misunderstood just a few decades ago, autism is now at the forefront of many discussions of neurodevelopmental disorders. People both within and outside of the medical community have realized the importance of helping people living with autism, and for good reason.According to the CDC,...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- 17 Things That People with Type A Personalities Do
What is Type A Personality?In the 1950s, two cardiologists, Meyer Friedman and Ray Rosenman, developed Type A and Type B personality theory stating these are two contrasting personality types. According to this theory, Type A personalities are more competitive, outgoing, ambitious, impatient...
- Why Do Hallucinations Happen?
IntroductionHallucinations are sensations that people perceive as real, but in reality, are only created by their mind. A person's five senses are often affected. Examples are hearing voices without anyone around or seeing images that are not real. Such symptoms are may due to mental illnesses, drug...
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Breast Cancer
When thinking about breast cancer it is important that we remember that this diagnosis will impact all aspects of a patient and their family’s life. Post-Traumatic Stress disorder (PTSD) has been shown to not only be present in people with a breast cancer diagnosis, but also to possibly play a...
- Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD163 Town Line Rd East Northport NY 11731
- Dr. Jacqueline Sabarese PHD191 Broadway Amityville Amityville NY 11701
- Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD450 Waverly Avenue Patchogue NY 11772
- Dr. Celeste Regina Gertsen PHD1227 Main St Port Jefferson NY 11777
- Dr. Vanessa Fonseca Gomes PHD811 W Jericho Tpke Smithtown NY 11787
- Dr. Amy Gawrych PSYD73 Deer Park Ave Babylon NY 11702