Dr. Douglas Glassman is a Chiropractor practicing in Holbrook, NY. Dr. Glassman specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating conditions associated with the neuromusculoskeletal system, while improving each patients functionality and quality of life. Conditions treated include sciatica, neck pain, and arthritis pain, among many others. Dr. Glassman seeks to reduce pain and discomfort through manipulation and adjustment of the spine.
Education and Training
New York Chiropractic College 1989
- Applied Kinesiology
- Sacro-occipital Technique
Dr. Douglas M Glassman DC's Practice location
Holbrook, NY 11741Get Direction
Dr. Douglas M Glassman DC's reviewsWrite Review
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Basically anyone can experience lower back pain but studies have shown that adults of age 30 to 60 years tend to have a higher chance of experiencing back pain. Nevertheless, no one is safe from lower back pain.Lower back pain can be caused by a variety of problems with any parts of the complex,...
- What is Sciatic Pain?
Sciatica is the pain along the sciatic nerve felt from the lower back through the buttocks to the back of the leg. The sciatic nerve is a large nerve in the body that originates from the spinal cord in the lumbar region, and extends to the lower part of the leg. Generally, the pain is felt only on...
- How to Sleep Easier with Chronic Back Pain
Chronic back pain is one of the most common musculoskeletal disorders that may affect one's ability to fall asleep or stay asleep. People with chronic back pain have a higher rate of disrupted sleep. Studies show that sleep disturbances increase pain sensitivity in some people. Medications are now...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Back Pain?
Back pain is a common problem and research has shown that at least 80% of all adults in America experience back pain on a daily basis. Though it can cause great discomfort and pain, most cases are usually not serious and can easily be fixed. According to experts, back pain occurs when the muscles,...
- What are the Causes of Upper and Middle Back Pain?
Upper, middle, or lower back pain is one of the most common conditions that people visit the doctor for. Upper and middle refers to the region from the base of the neck to the base of rib cage at the back. The bones in this region work in association with the rib cage and protect internal organs...
- Dr. Gary Olson D.C285 Commack Road Commack New York 11725
- Dr. William W. Schweigert D.C.9 Glatter Ln Centereach NY 11720
- Dr. John Tonna D.C.180 East Pulaski Road Huntington Station New York 11746
- Dr. James Lambert DC2805 Veterans Memorial Hwy Ronkonkoma NY 11779
- Kartal Guven D.C.35 Jefferson Rd Amityville NY 11701
- Dr. Debra Lupo DC225 Middle Country Rd Middle Island NY 11953