Dr. Hugh Macguire is an anesthesiologist practicing in Savannah, GA. Dr. Macguire ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Macguire also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Shandong Medical College 1986
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1986
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Northside Med Center
- NSLIJHS/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at Southside Hospital Program
Dr. Hugh Stuart Macguire MD's Practice location
Savannah, GA 31404Get Direction
Dr. Hugh Stuart Macguire MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Health Benefits of Potassium
We all know that potassium is one of the essential nutrients our body needs to perform different functions. Along with other key macrominerals including magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, sulfur, and chloride, our body needs potassium to maintain a healthy metabolism.Our body does not naturally...
- Hot Flashes and Women's Health
Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. It is also commonly seen in women with premature menopause and induced menopause.Hot flashes cause women who experience them to suddenly feel overheated, it is usually accompanied by sweating and a red, flushed face. The...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Franklyn Philip Bousquet MD11705 Mercy Blvd Savannah GA 31419
- Dr. Deborah ann Wheeler Wilkowski229 Lyman Hall Savannah GA 31410
- Mr. Michael K Marshall M.D.904 Wallace Ave Leitchfield KY 42754
- Dr. Thomas A Nicholas MD988102 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Robert T. O'bannon MD13040 Abercorn St Savannah GA 31419
- Dr. James Leonard Routon MD415 Eisenhower Dr Savannah GA 31406