Dr. John Joseph practices Emergency Medicine in Augusta, ME. Dr. Joseph assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Joseph examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Emergency Medicine; Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. John R Joseph MD's Practice location
Augusta, ME 04330Get Direction
Dr. John R Joseph MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Joseph
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is actually a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous...
- Dr. Michelle C Perkins MD57 Water St Blue Hill ME 04614
- Dr. Michael J Antoniello M.D.149 North St Waterville ME 04901
- Dr. Kevin Kendall MD300 Main St Lewiston ME 04240
- Dr. Michael Palumbo DO200 Kennedy Memorial Dr Waterville ME 04901
- Dr. Terrence W Flanagan MD6 E Chestnut St Augusta ME 04330
- Dr. Thomas J Moskalewicz M.D.200 Kennedy Memorial Dr Waterville ME 04901