Dr. Ira Joel Singer MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon2138 Mendon Rd Number 302 Cumberland RI, 02864
Dr. Ira Singer is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Cumberland, RI. Dr. Singer specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Singer tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1978
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Shoulder Surgery
- Torn Meniscus
- Frozen Shoulder
- Birth Defects
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Mass Gen Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, General Surgery
- Barnes Jewish Hospital S Campus
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Harvard Medical School Affiliated Hospitals
- Brigham & Women's Hospital Program
Dr. Ira Joel Singer MD's Practice location
Cumberland, RI 02864Get Direction
Dr. Ira Joel Singer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Singer
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- New Research May Improve Bone Health in Diabetic Patients
Diabetes and complications related to it are common, and most people know about them. Diabetes harms blood vessels and nerves, which causes heart problems, problems with peripheral nerves, and weakens eyesight. The need for foot and eye care, and the evaluation of heart and kidney health, are all...
- Arthritis: Arthroplasty and Joint Replacement
What is arthroplasty?As the name suggests, arthroplasty is a procedure that is performed on the joints. These procedures are limited. Therefore, arthroplasty is usually the last option for the patient as well as the physician. The purpose of arthroplasty is to repair stiffened joints, relieve pain,...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- Can Sleeping with Hand Braces Slow Down Muscular Dystrophy?
In patients with muscular dystrophy, contractures usually occur as muscle breaks down. They begin at a very tender age of about 8 to 13. What this means is that muscles and tendons of the patient's wrists and hands tighten. Did you know that not all muscles lose strength at the same time? Hand...
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
IntroductionThe main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling...
- Dr. Christopher T Born MD2 Dudley St Providence RI 02905
- Mr. William S Buonanno M.D.35 Sockanossett Crossroad Cranston RI 02920
- Dr. Michael Feldman MD588 Pawtucket Ave Pawtucket RI 02860
- Dr. Craig P. Eberson M.D.2 Dudley St Providence RI 02905
- Dr. Susan E Barrett M.D.321 Fortune Blvd Milford MA 01757
- Dr. Matthew Mcdonnell M.D.2 Dudley St Providence RI 02905