Dr. Samuel Tilden is a pediatrician practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Tilden is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Tilden diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Tilden can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1977
Tulane University School of Medicine 1977
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ethical dilemmas for pediatric surgical patients.
- Near fatal fire ant envenomation of a newborn.
- Ethical and legal aspects of using an identical twin as a skin transplant donor for a severely burned minor.
- Issues in biosecurity and biosafety.
- Health research and the HIPAA privacy rule.
- Incarceration, restitution, and lifetime debarment: legal consequences of scientific misconduct in the Eric Poehlman case: Commentary on: "Scientific forensics: how the office of research integrity can assist institutional investigations of research
- Complete heart block in toxic shock syndrome.
- Hydrostatic pressure-induced colon trauma from a pool whip.
- Reversal of intractable septic shock with norepinephrine therapy.
- Runaway temporary pacemaker caused by a component defect.
- Measured energy expenditure in pediatric intensive care patients.
- Prolonged use of high-frequency jet ventilation for a pediatric patient.
- Effect of continuous rotation on the efficacy of partial liquid (perflubron) breathing in canine acute lung injury.
- Outcome and cost at a children's hospital following resuscitation for out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Viral respiratory infections.
- Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Pulmonary Diseases; Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Pediatrics; University Hosp, Pediatrics
Dr. Samuel J Tilden M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Samuel J Tilden M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Everything About Oral Thrush
What is oral thrush? How does oral thrush develop? What are the risk factors of developing oral thrush? What are the signs and symptoms of oral thrush? Is there treatment for oral thrush? And if it is there, what is it? These are just but some of the questions you may be asking yourself and are yet...
- How Long Should my Child Be Sleeping?
The amount of sleep a child needs varies depending on the child and the child's age.1-4 weeks oldNewborns usually sleep for 15 to 18 hours per day, but this sleep usually occurs in short periods of two to four hours at a time. The duration of sleep is generally longer for babies who are born...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- The Keto Diet for Weight Loss
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb, adequate-protein diet that was designed by Dr. Russell Wilder in 1924. It became popular then for its effectiveness not only in treating epilepsy but in weight loss. After a few years, the popularity of the ketogenic diet began to wane as new...
- How is ADHD diagnosed?
Anyone with a list of ADHD symptoms can speculate about the possibility of an ADHD disorder, but only a specialist can clearly determine the cause of the symptoms. Nevertheless, it’s always advisable to take note of alarming signals that may point to ADHD and report them to your general...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Dr. William H. Johnston MD806 St. Vincents Drive Birmingham Alabama 35205
- Thomas Gilbert Amason3401 Independence Drive Birmingham Alabama 35209
- Dr. Kami Blair Sester M.D.1022 1st St N Alabaster AL 35007
- Mrs. Margaret Anne Thiele M.D.1400 4th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Hernan Moreno M.D.200 Riverhills Business Park Birmingham AL 35242
- Dr. Christina C. Cordell MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249