Dr. Homer Smith is an anesthesiologist practicing in Tyler, TX. Dr. Smith ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Smith also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1963
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Anesthesiology; Vet Admin Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Methodist Health System Dallas Program
Dr. Homer Don Smith MD's Practice location
Tyler, TX 75701Get Direction
Dr. Homer Don Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- Lupus: How Binge-Watching TV Shows Can Help Get Through a Flare
Most people going through a lupus flare report changes in their mood. Emotional issues tend to show up in people with lupus, but for an effective recovery process it is important to keep a great attitude and avoid depression and stress at all costs. Emotional imbalance enlivened by the limitations...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Vivek Mehta MD910 E Houston St Tyler TX 75702
- Dr. Larry W Evans DO1305 Doctors Dr Tyler TX 75701
- Dr. Rigoberto Ramirez MD3200 Troup Hwy Tyler TX 75701
- Dr. Laurence Rosenfield MD1305 Doctors Dr Tyler TX 75701
- Dr. Eduardo Ozuna M.D.3601 4th St Lubbock TX 79430
- Dr. Wilfred O. Prados M.D.800 East Dawson Tyler TX 75701