Dr. Andrew J Schoenfeld MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon5005 North Piedras Street William Beaumont Arm El Paso TX, 79920
Dr. Andrew Schoenfeld is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in El Paso, TX. Dr. Schoenfeld specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Schoenfeld tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
- Impact magnitudes applied by surgeons and their importance when applying the femoral head onto the Morse taper for total hip arthroplasty.
- The private remonstrance of Doctor Botkin, or Pharaoh's physician.
- Distal femoral fixation: a biomechanical comparison of trigen retrograde intramedullary (i.m.) nail, dynamic condylar screw (DCS), and locking compression plate (LCP) condylar plate.
- Epidemiology of combat wounds in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom: orthopaedic burden of disease.
- Adjacent segment degeneration after lumbar spinal fusion: risk factors and implications for clinical practice.
- Historical contributions from the Harvard system to adult spine surgery.
- Commentary on an article by Rick Delamarter, MD, et al.: "Prospective, randomized, multicenter Food and Drug Administration investigational device exemption study of the ProDisc-L total disc replacement compared with circumferential arthrodesis for t
- Low back pain in the uniformed service member: approach to surgical treatment based on a review of the literature.
- Orthopedic surgery in the United States Army: a historical review.
- Risk factors for 30-day postoperative complications and mortality after below-knee amputation: a study of 2,911 patients from the national surgical quality improvement program.
- Low back pain in the United States: incidence and risk factors for presentation in the emergency setting.
- Lumbar spine fractures within a complete American cohort: epidemiology and risk factors among military service members.
- Combat-related gunshot wounds in the United States military: 2000-2009 (cohort study).
- Distal femoral fixation: a biomechanical comparison of retrograde nail, retrograde intramedullary nail, and prototype locking retrograde nail.
- Cauda equina syndrome: an analysis of incidence rates and risk factors among a closed North American military population.
- The combat experience of military surgical assets in Iraq and Afghanistan: a historical review.
- Combat wounds in Iraq and Afghanistan from 2005 to 2009.
- The nature and incidence of musculoskeletal combat wounds in Iraq and Afghanistan (2005-2009).
- Primum non nocere: commentary on an article by Shlomo Mandel, MD, MPH, et al.: "a retrospective analysis of vertebral body fractures following epidural steroid injections".
- Pelvic trauma: What are the predictors of mortality and cardiac, venous thrombo-embolic and infectious complications following injury?
- Thirty-day postoperative complications and mortality following total knee arthroplasty: incidence and risk factors among a national sample of 15,321 patients.
- Risk factors for complications and in-hospital mortality following hip fractures: a study using the National Trauma Data Bank.
- Morbidity and mortality in the thirty-day period following total hip arthroplasty: risk factors and incidence.
- The combat burst fracture study--results of a cohort analysis of the most prevalent combat specific mechanism of major thoracolumbar spinal injury.
- Postoperative myocardial infarction and cardiac arrest following primary total knee and hip arthroplasty: rates, risk factors, and time of occurrence.
- Advocating policy with patient safety in the balance: The case of cervical spine clearance.
- Spine surgical research: searching for absolute truth in the era of "big data".
- Spine fellowships, ESPN rankings, and the AP Top 25.
- Evaluating Perioperative Outcomes and Efficiency Following Total Joint Arthroplasty in the United States and Canada.
- Predictors of hospital readmission following revision total knee arthroplasty.
- The Total Joint Arthroplasty Cardiac Risk Index for Predicting Perioperative Myocardial Infarction and Cardiac Arrest After Primary Total Knee and Hip Arthroplasty.
- Hospital-skilled nursing facility referral linkage reduces readmission rates among Medicare patients receiving major surgery.
- Research Using "Big Data" in Orthopaedic Trauma: A Dynasty of Databases or Finite Research Resource?
- Musculoskeletal Injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan: Epidemiology and Outcomes Following a Decade of War.
- The effect of chronic liver disease on acute outcomes following cervical spine trauma.
- A systematic review of spinal research conducted using the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.
- The effect of short (2-weeks) versus long (6-weeks) post-operative restrictions following lumbar discectomy: a prospective randomized control trial.
- CORR Insights: Have the Causes of Revision for Total and Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasties Changed During the Past Two Decades?
- Patterns of use and factors associated with early discontinuation of opioids following major trauma.
- The impact of hepatitis C virus infection on 90-day outcomes following major orthopaedic surgery: a propensity-matched analysis.
- What Can and Can't Be Achieved Using Retrospective Data in Propensity-Matched Testing?
- Establishing objective volume-outcome measures for anterior and posterior cervical spine fusion.
- TO THE EDITOR.
Dr. Andrew J Schoenfeld MD's Practice location
El Paso, TX 79920Get Direction
Akron, OH 44308Get Direction
BOSTON, MA 02115Get Direction
Dr. Andrew J Schoenfeld MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schoenfeld
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Do You Need a Bone Density Examination?
What is a bone density examination?A bone density examination is the only examination that will diagnose osteoporosis before its signs and symptoms become visible and before any bone fractures occur. With the help of a bone density test, your doctor will know more about the density and health of...
- What are Leg Ulcers?
What are leg ulcers?Leg ulcers are unhealed wounds or open wounds that occur on the legs. They tend to recur if not treated properly. They can occur in everyone at any age, but are more common among females. What are the causes of leg ulcers?The most common reason for the occurrence of leg ulcers...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- What Is Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Total knee arthroplasty (TKA), also known as total knee replacement, is a surgical procedure in which parts of the knee joint are replaced with artificial parts or prostheses.A normal knee usually functions as the hinge joint located between the lower leg bones (tibia) and the upper leg bone...
- Dr. Shawn Johnson M.D.1000 Ochsner Blvd Covington Louisiana 70433
- Dr. Jose Monsivais M.D.10175 Gateway Blvd. West El Paso Texas 79925
- Dr. Daniel Wayne Vande lune M.D.507 N Brightleaf Blvd Smithfield NC 27577
- Mr. Richard C Rooney M.D.1629 220th St SE Bothell WA 98021
- Dr. Johan J Penninck MD1720 Murchison Dr El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. David J Mansfield MD1720 Murchison El Paso TX 79902