Dr. Stanton Danielson is a family practitioner practicing in Altoona, IA. Dr. Danielson specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Danielson possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1976
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1976
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- Geriatric Medicine
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- High Cholesterol
- Enlarged Prostate
- Vascular Disease
- Central Ia Hlth Sys/Ia Luthera, Family Medicine; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Psychiatry
- Central Iowa Health System (Iowa Lutheran Hospital) Program
Dr. Stanton L Danielson MD's Practice location
Altoona, IA 50009Get Direction
Dr. Stanton L Danielson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Danielson
- The BRAT Diet for Toddlers
IntroductionBRAT is a type of diet, which consists of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. The BRAT diet used to be a staple mostly recommended by pediatricians to children with an upset stomach. The main idea behind this diet is to provide a chance for the gut to rest and at the same time...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Non-Medical Treatments for High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a critical condition that should be taken very seriously. If left untreated for a long period of time, it can lead to fatal consequences. Many people who suffer from this condition underestimate its significance and do not follow their doctors' orders. It is...
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Pregnancy Symptoms
Symptoms of pregnancy vary from one woman to another and also from one pregnancy to another. One of the most common and important symptom of pregnancy is a delayed or missed period. However, some of the early symptoms of pregnancy are similar to those of menstruation, and hence are often ignored or...
- Dr. Salman Saad M.D.1801 Hickman Rd Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. David Harrison DO800 E 1st St Ankeny IA 50021
- Dr. Robert M Nathanson DOUnion & Sheldon Dr Ames IA 50011
- Dr. Matthew Michael Otis DO6200 Aurora Ave Urbandale IA 50322
- Dr. Robert Callahan MD1750 48th St Des Moines IA 50310
- Dr. Scott Alan Honsey MD5700 Hickman Rd Des Moines IA 50310