Dr. Giles Hedderich is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Lincoln, NE. Dr. Hedderich specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Hedderich typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1980
University of Cincinnati / Main Campus 1980
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine 1980
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Cardiac transplantation--first year experience in a community hospital: a three year follow-up.
- Adjunctive atrial fibrillation therapy with off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: standard of care?
- Desmopressin acetate in uncomplicated coronary artery bypass surgery: a prospective randomized clinical trial.
- The septic abdomen: open management with Marlex mesh with a zipper.
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Cardiovascular Surgery; Mc Gill Univ Fac Med Hosp, Other Specialty; Mc Gill Univ Fac Med Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Giles S Hedderich MD's Practice location
Dr. Giles S Hedderich MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...