Dr. Nisal K Samarasekera M.D.
Family Practitioner6320 W Union Hills Dr Suite A210 Glendale AZ, 85308
Dr. Nisal Samarasekera is a family practitioner practicing in Glendale, AZ. Dr. Samarasekera specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Samarasekera possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1991
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine 1991
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Heart Disease
- Back Pain
- Lung Cancer
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Phoenix Baptist Hosp & M C/Van, Family Medicine
- Phoenix Baptist Hospital and Medical Center Program
Dr. Nisal K Samarasekera M.D.'s Practice location
Glendale, AZ 85308Get Direction
Dr. Nisal K Samarasekera M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Samarasekera
- Managing High Fever In Children
Most of the time, a fever doesn’t indicate a serious problem. However, it can be alarming and frightening if a child’s body temperature increases dramatically. Oftentimes, fever is the body’s way of fighting infections. Although not all fevers need treatment, a high fever can make children...
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Pins and Needles: Types, Causes, and Treatment
Feeling your hands and feet going numb is a very normal condition that most of us experience at some point or the other. It is a feeling when one cannot feel any sensation in the affected parts of the body. In most cases, numbness or the feeling called ‘pins and needles’ occurs due to a...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Mrs. Bernadette M. Francois MD13645 W Indian School Rd Litchfield Park AZ 85340
- Dr. Steven Jon Bowley MD4202 N 32nd St Phoenix AZ 85018
- Dr. Matthew R Haden M.D.20401 N 73rd St Scottsdale AZ 85255
- Dr. Leslie Diane Edison DO13206 North 7th Street Phoenix AZ 85022
- Dr. Troy A. Dowers M.D.210 9th St SE Rochester MN 55904
- Dr. Carrol E Wheat D.O.6206 West Bell Road Glendale AZ 85308