Dr. Samuel Steinmetz is a dermatologist practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Steinmetz specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Steinmetz diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1981
Washington University of Health and Sciences 1983
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine 1981
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Dermatology; U Tx Sw Med Ctr Affil Hsps, Dermatology; Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. Samuel Edwin Steinmetz M.D.'s Practice location
Dallas, TX 75231Get Direction
Dr. Samuel Edwin Steinmetz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips to Avoid Melanoma
Melanoma is a very common type of skin cancer. In some countries, melanoma rates are increasing despite the fact that it is one of the most preventable cancers. Some people face more risk of melanoma than others. Once you understand your risk, you will be more inclined to take preventive measures to...
- Black Widow Spider Bite: What Does It Look Like?
The black widow spider is one of the most poisonous spiders often seen in North America. These spiders thrive at moderate temperatures and are mostly found in the south and western US regions.They are often found in places surrounded by bushes, open areas such as outdoor bathrooms and toilets, open...
- Recurrent Herpes Simplex Labialis
What is it?Recurrent herpes simplex labialis is a mouth infection that is caused by the herpes simplex virus. It is a contagious and common infection that can easily be passed on. Also known as oral herpes, recurrent herpes simplex labialis causes sores and blisters on the lips, tongue, mouth, and...
- What Is Cellulitis?: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments of Cellulitis
Cellulitis is a bacterial infection, which usually occurs in the deep layers of the skin. The infection happens when bacteria enter the skin through open cuts and wounds. The infected area usually feels warm to touch, painful, red, and swollen.The most common part of the body affected by cellulitis...
- What Is a Yeast Infection of the Skin?
IntroductionThe most common type of yeast infection in the skin is candidiasis, which is caused by Candida species. There are more than 20 Candida species that exist, and the most common among them is Candida albicans. These fungi may also occasionally cause infections. Below are some of the...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- M. Alan Menter3900 Junius Street Dallas Texas 75246
- Forrest Carroll Brown7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230
- Dr. Martin Kassir M.D.8335 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231
- Dr. Jerold Dennis Michaelson MD8220 Walnut Hill Ln Dallas TX 75231
- Dr. Jack B Cohen DO5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Ms. Rhea M Phillips M.D.9001 Summa Ave Baton Rouge LA 70809