Dr. Andrea Pollak is a psychologist practicing in Guilford, CT. Dr. Pollak specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Pollak evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Pollak because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Mrs. Andrea Lynn Pollak LMFT's Practice location
Guilford, CT 06437Get Direction
Mrs. Andrea Lynn Pollak LMFT's reviewsWrite Review
- Teen with Autism Creates a Video Game About Living on the Spectrum
At only seventeen years old, Brad Hennessey has found a way to let others into what it is like to have autism - his new video game, "An Aspie Life."Brad's storyBrad has lived with Asperger's syndrome his whole life, and describes the condition as, "one of the categories on the autism spectrum and...
- The Effects of Sigmund Freud’s Theories to the Modern World
On May 6, 1856, Sigmund Freud was born in the Czech Republic, which was formerly known as Freiberg. Freud came up with the method of psychoanalysis, which is used by modern day psychoanalysts to understand unconscious conflicts after getting some revelation from what their patients desired and...
- Why Do Hallucinations Happen?
IntroductionHallucinations are sensations that people perceive as real, but in reality, are only created by their mind. A person's five senses are often affected. Examples are hearing voices without anyone around or seeing images that are not real. Such symptoms are may due to mental illnesses, drug...
- Can Aquatic Therapy Benefit Children with Autism?
Children with autism face a ton of obstacles and challenges throughout their day to day lives. Parents, researchers, and medical professionals work tirelessly to try and find new ways of helping children with autism with sensory disabilities. There are a host of new therapies and techniques that...
- What is Binge Eating Disorder (BED)?
Binge Eating Disorder, which is abbreviated as BED is an eating condition which is marked with recurring periods of quickly eating too much food, thus making one feel uncomfortable. A person with this condition lacks self-control during the binge episodes and afterwards feels ashamed, distressed and...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Melissa Lavin62 Montoya Drive Branford Connecticut 6405
- Dr. Kristin Johnson Dinatale PSY.D.350 Center St Wallingford CT 06492
- Dr. Tracey Meyers Sondik PSY.D.Holmes Drive Middletown CT 06457
- Dr. Laura R Jarett PH. D.88 River Edge Farms Rd Madison CT 06443
- Caroline Bliss Adelman PHD230 S Frontage Rd New Haven CT 06519
- Dr. Karole J. Kreutter PH.D.1062 Barnes Rd Wallingford CT 06492