Dr. Dana Loo practices Pulmonology in Harbor City, CA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Loo manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. Dana K Loo MD's Practice location
Dr. Dana K Loo MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- What Causes Asthma?
Asthma refers to the chronic inflammatory disease of the respiratory system. The causes for asthma differ depending on the individual. During an asthma attack, the airways become narrow, inflamed, and begin to fill with mucus. This makes breathing a difficult task, and leads to coughing and...
- What Is a Barrel Chest?
Barrel Chest A barrel chest refers to an individual's chest that appears to be always partially inflated. It looks as if they are taking a deep breath with their rib cage broadened. An individual with a barrel chest may find it hard to breathe.A barrel chest may develop due to osteoarthritis or...
- How Does Pneumonia Develop?
Pneumonia is a disease that affects the lungs due to an infection caused by bacteria, virus, or fungus. Pneumonia can either affect the left, right, or both lobes of the lungs.Pneumonia is a serious disease affecting people of any age. However, toddlers and young children are more affected by...
- What is Lung Cancer? Facts About Lung Cancer You Should Know
Our body is like a machine and each part of the machine has a definite function to perform. Lungs, heart, brain, kidneys and every other part is important to support the function of life. A disease like cancer in any part of the body could cause severe impairment sometimes even resulting in...
- Is Legionnaires' Disease a Serious Medical Condition?
Legionella bacteriaLegionnaires' disease is a type of pneumonia that is in its most severe form. The disease occurs due to a bacterial infection caused by a bacteria called legionella and mainly results in the inflammation of the lungs. The bacteria are known to thrive commonly in areas such as...
- Dr. Arunpal Sehgal M.D.3300 East South Street Long Beach California 90805
- Jeffrey B. Riker2840 Long Beach Boulevard Long Beach California 90806
- Dr. Richard G. Barbers M.D.1520 San Pablo Street Los Angeles California 90033
- Dr. Maged Tanios M.D.3605 Long Beach Boulevard Long Beach California 80807
- Dr. Douglas Louis Prisco MD.1520 San Pablo St Los Angeles CA 90033
- Dr. Vijay V Kamdar M.D.3737 Martin Luther King Blvd. Lynwood CA 90262