Dr. Jovita Carpio is an anesthesiologist practicing in Saratoga, CA. Dr. Carpio ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Carpio also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery 1958
- Santa Clara Valley Med Ctr, Anesthesiology; Metropolitan Hosp Ctr, Anesthesiology; Coney Island Hosp, Internal Medicine; North Shore Univ Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Jovita Carpio M.D.'s Practice location
Saratoga, CA 95070Get Direction
Dr. Jovita Carpio M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Bright-Light Treatment for Fibromyalgia: Is It Effective?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic disease that causes widespread pain accompanied by general fatigue, sleep, and memory problems. While the cause of fibromyalgia is unknown, studies have shown that abnormal levels of certain chemicals in the central nervous system triggered by the combination of genetic and...
- Overstimulation Makes Eye Contact Difficult for Those with Autism, Study Finds
It has been a common perception in recent years that when children with autism avoid eye contact out of indifference. People have said they are in their own world and need to be brought out of it.Children with ASD are very different from one another, in their struggles and levels of functioning. A...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Heidi M Boules M.D.231 East 76th Street New York New York 10021
- Dr. Daniel Shin M.D.219 West 7th Street Los Angeles California 90014
- Dr. Hong Liu L. AC.,4150 V Street Sacramento California 95817
- Dr. Stephen Dennis Coleman MD300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Annie W. Lee MD900 Kiely Blvd Santa Clara CA 95051
- Dr. Joseph Stanley Andresen M.D.2000 Mowry Ave Fremont CA 94538