Dr. Michael Purkis is a family practitioner practicing in Tucson, AZ. Dr. Purkis specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Purkis possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1993
University of Wales in Great Britain 1993
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Back Pain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Family Medicine
- University of Kansas School of Medicine Program
Dr. Michael D Purkis MD's Practice location
Tucson, AZ 85715Get Direction
Dr. Michael D Purkis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Purkis
- Home Remedies for Swollen Tonsils
Why are my tonsils swollen?The human body is a marvelous creation--a true work of art. It has the infrastructure to keep itself safe from harmful bacteria and viruses, and it has the ability to heal itself. One of these infrastructures is the tonsils. These are lymph nodes located at the back of the...
- Holistic Treatments for Migraines
Holistic Treatments for MigrainesMigraines cause headaches that may be severe, throbbing, or moderate. These headaches can last for up to 72 hours.They attack one side of your head in most cases. However, there are cases where you suffer a headache on both sides of your head. Many people who suffer...
- What Causes Cat Scratch Fever?
What is cat scratch fever?Cat scratch fever is also known as "cat scratch disease", which is a type of bacterial infection. The disease got its name because humans contract the infection from cats that are infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae, which is one of the most common...
- What Is Back Pain: Get The Facts
Every now and then, you hear people complaining about constant back pain. According to statistics, about 80% of Americans will suffer from back pain at one point of their life.Back pain can be caused by many things, but it is most commonly triggered by incorrect sitting or standing positions, not...
- Gastroenteritis in Children: Signs of Dehydration
Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that is caused by poorly prepared foods, contaminated water, etc. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, and vomiting.What causes it?Gastro is caused by viruses. They include:• Rotavirus• AdenovirusHow is the gastroenteritis virus passed?Children can...
- Are Vitamin D-Rich Foods Better than Vitamin D Supplements?
What is vitamin D?Vitamin D is a unique fat-soluble vitamin that plays a significant role in many aspects of health. Also referred to as the sunshine vitamin, it stands out from other types of vitamins since the body can produce vitamin D through sunlight exposure. With 20-25 minutes of daily sun...
- Dr. Michelle Marie Klismith M.D.4175 S Alamo Ave Tucson AZ 85707
- Dr. Julio Flores MD608 Pierce Street Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Brenda Ann Wells M.D630 N Alvernon Way Tucson AZ 85711
- Dr. Miranda Rose Sonneborn M.D.707 N. Alvernon Way Tucson AZ 85711
- Dr. Christiane M Sanburn M.D.433 Saint Michaels Dr Santa Fe NM 87505
- Dr. Bruce Helming MD1224 E Lowell St Tucson AZ 85721