Dr. Charles Y Shields O.D.
Optometrist | Occupational Vision10219 Kingston Pike Suite 101 Knoxville TN, 37922
Dr. Charles Shields is an optometrist practicing in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Shields specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Shields performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Charles Y Shields O.D.'s Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37922Get Direction
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- Dr. Kathryn Jordan Stockton O.D.8829 Ebenezer Oaks Ln Knoxville TN 37922
- Dr. Brent B Fry O.D.11121 Kingston Pike Knoxville TN 37922
- Dr. Ashley Stooksbury Hamilton OD200 Fort Sanders West Blvd Knoxville TN 37922
- Dr. David Smith OD10240 Kingston Pike Knoxville TN 37922
- Dr. David Hunter Miller O.D.9409 S Northshore Dr Knoxville TN 37922
- Dr. Sharon Meikle O.D.9648 Kingston Pike Knoxville TN 37922