Dr. Gevorg Mutafyan is a general surgeon practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Mutafyan specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Mutafyan provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
First Leningrad Medical Institue 1995
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Mi State Univ Coll Human Med, General Surgery
Dr. Gevorg Arutyunavich Mutafyan MD's Practice location
Dr. Gevorg Arutyunavich Mutafyan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mutafyan
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- What Are the Risks of a Laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is done to examine various abdominal organs or female pelvic organs. The procedure is sometimes called as "diagnostic laparoscopy" or "keyhole surgery". This procedure can identify problems such as adhesion, fibroids, infections, and cysts.The procedure...
- What Is Ulcerative Colitis?
There are a few problems that can affect the digestive tract and cause problems, and they are generally referred to as irritable bowel diseases (IBD). The most common IBDs are Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. IBD is different from IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which does not cause...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- Femoral Hernia: Get the Facts
Our human bodies are a complex network of nerves, blood vessels, muscles, and visceral organs. While our skin is the outermost layer holding everything together, on the inside, it is a network of strong muscle fibers that hold all our internal organs in place. A hernia occurs when there is a weak...
- What to Expect After a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is mostly carried out as an outpatient operation, where the patient is allowed to go home on the same day after the surgery. However, a one-day hospital stay is recommended if complications occur after the operation and if the patient has a minor or complex medical...
- Dr. Timothy M Farrell MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Sebastian De la fuente MDDuke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Scott Alan Bovard MD11200 Governor Manly Way Raleigh NC 27614
- Dr. Nancy Jean Crowley M.D.2301 Rexwoods Dr Raleigh NC 27607
- Mr. Jason Long M.D.5841 S. Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Jacob Niall Schroder M.D.40 Duke Medicine Cir Durham NC 27710