Dr. Jeffrey R Strawn MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1 Medical Village Dr Ft Mitchell KY, 41017
Dr. Jeffrey Strawn is a psychiatrist practicing in Ft Mitchell, KY. Dr. Strawn is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Strawn diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Strawn may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Strawn treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Aripiprazole and the neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
- Comment: Prazosin treatment of nightmares related to posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Effects of trauma-related audiovisual stimulation on cerebrospinal fluid norepinephrine and corticotropin-releasing hormone concentrations in post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Risperidone treatment of an adolescent with severe posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Third degree heart block following intramuscular ziprasidone.
- Neuroendocrine aspects of pediatric aggression: Can hormone measures be clinically useful?
- Physiologic changes associated with violence and abuse exposure: an examination of related medical conditions.
- Termination of psychodynamic psychotherapy with adolescents: A review and contemporary perspective.
- Treatment with adjunctive N-acetylcysteine in an adolescent with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-resistant anxiety.
- Role of Long-Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Psychiatric Practice.
- Efficacy and safety of duloxetine in the treatment of older adult patients with generalized anxiety disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Psychological and pharmacologic treatment of youth with posttraumatic stress disorder: an evidence-based review.
- Antipsychotic polypharmacy in children and adolescents at discharge from psychiatric hospitalization.
- Neurostructural impact of co-occurring anxiety in pediatric patients with major depressive disorder: a voxel-based morphometry study.
- The effects of lacosamide on depression and anxiety in patients with epilepsy.
- Assessment and treatment of anxiety disorders in children and adolescents.
- Childhood trauma in patients with self-reported stress-precipitated seizures.
- Pharmacotherapy for Pediatric Generalized Anxiety Disorder: A Systematic Evaluation of Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability.
- Placebo Response in Pediatric Anxiety Disorders: Implications for Clinical Trial Design and Interpretation.
- Pharmacologic Treatment of Pediatric Anxiety Disorders.
- Antidepressant Prescribing by Pediatricians: A Mixed-Methods Analysis.
- Use of Prazosin for Pediatric PTSD-Associated Nightmares and Sleep Disturbances: A Retrospective Chart Review.
- The Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7-item scale in adolescents with generalized anxiety disorder: Signal detection and validation.
- Suicidality in psychiatrically hospitalized children and adolescents: Demographics, treatment, and outcome.
Dr. Jeffrey R Strawn MD's Practice location
Ft Mitchell, KY 41017Get Direction
CINCINNATI, OH 45219Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey R Strawn MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Strawn
- Trypophobia and Other Strange Phobias
A phobia can be defined as a debilitating and overwhelming fear of a situation, object, animal, feeling, or place. Phobias are more evident compared to "fear" and normally occur when an individual has an unrealistic or exaggerated sense of danger about an object or situation. In case a phobia gets...
- What are the Symptoms of ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, is a condition that can affect learning and one's ability to mingle with others. As the name indicates, a lack of attention and hyperactivity are the major symptoms, which would be seen at a level that is inconsistent with the growth and...
- Tips for Parents who are Raising a Child with Autism
If you are a parent who has a child with autism, you need to be proactive when it comes to understand your child's condition, and weighing out different treatments options. It is common for you to work with a multitude of people to help make the best decision for your child. A child's ability to...
- What are the Different Types of Anxiety?
What is anxiety?Individuals who have anxiety normally face stressful situations under normal circumstances, meaning, that they can become fearful and nervous completely out of context when a situation doesn't have any reason for these reactions. This is considered anxiety.Anxiety can be caused be a...
- ADHD in Adults
ADHD, or attention deficit disorder, is a commonly undiagnosed mental disorder in adults. According to data provided by The American Psychiatric Association, about 5% of children in the America have ADHD; however, other studies indicate rates as high as 11%. According to other sources, the childhood...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- Dr. Paul E. Keck MD4075 Old Western Row Road Mason Ohio 45040
- Dr. Sarah E. Carreira M.D.6352 Parry Lane Cincinnati Ohio 45213
- Dr. Giuliana Centurion D.O.1549 Reid Ave Cincinnati OH 45224
- Dr. Rodney E. Vivian M.D.8000 5 Mile Rd Cincinnati OH 45230
- Dr. James P Cho M.D.1101 Summit Rd Cincinnati OH 45237
- Dr. Patrick Edward Mcdonald M.D.1101 Summit Rd Cincinnati OH 45237