Dr. David M. O\'Brien, MD, MPH
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Occupational Medicine1st Medical Group 77 Nealy Avenue Hampton VA, 23665
David O\'Brien is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Hampton, VA. O\'Brien specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, O\'Brien participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
University of Texas School of Public Health Master's Degree 0
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med
occupational medicine and aerospace medicine
- American Society of Aerospace Medicine Specialists, Fellow of the Aerospace Medical Association and former Secretary/Treasurer of the USAF Society of Flight Surgeons
- Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital (1988)
Dr. David M. O\'Brien, MD, MPH's Practice location
Hampton, VA 23665Get Direction
Oklahoma City, OK 73169Get Direction
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- What Causes Middle Back Pain?
Middle back pain, also known as upper back pain or thoracic back pain occurs anywhere between the bottom of the neck to the top of the lumbar spine, where the rib cage ends. The ribs are connected to the sternum (a narrow thickened plate in the center of the chest) and then wrap round the...
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Delythe Lowry-Charles AMNCB 822924410 East Clairborne Street Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Alan Frederick Philippi D.O.620 John Paul Jones Cir Portsmouth VA 23708
- Dr. Robert Dana Bradshaw MD, MPH825 Fairfax Ave Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Krishna R Padiyar MD MPH14703 Warwick Blvd Newport News VA 23608
- Dr. John G Muller MD620 John Paul Jones Cir Portsmouth VA 23708
- Dr. John R Stewart MD1326 E Little Creek Rd Norfolk VA 23518