Dr. David M. O\'Brien, MD, MPH
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Occupational Medicine1st Medical Group 77 Nealy Avenue Hampton VA, 23665
David O\'Brien is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Hampton, VA. O\'Brien specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, O\'Brien participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
University of Texas School of Public Health Master's Degree 0
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med
occupational medicine and aerospace medicine
- American Society of Aerospace Medicine Specialists, Fellow of the Aerospace Medical Association and former Secretary/Treasurer of the USAF Society of Flight Surgeons
- Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital (1988)
Dr. David M. O\'Brien, MD, MPH's Practice location
Hampton, VA 23665Get Direction
Oklahoma City, OK 73169Get Direction
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- What Conditions Warrant Occupational Therapy?
In general, therapy refers to an attempt of diagnosing a health problem upon identification. Various forms of therapy have been created to address different health problems. Occupational therapy (OT) is among the newer forms of therapies which is very closely related to physical therapy (PT), but is...
- What Causes Middle Back Pain?
Middle back pain, also known as upper back pain or thoracic back pain occurs anywhere between the bottom of the neck to the top of the lumbar spine, where the rib cage ends. The ribs are connected to the sternum (a narrow thickened plate in the center of the chest) and then wrap round the...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Delythe Lowry-Charles AMNCB 822924410 East Clairborne Street Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Alan Frederick Philippi D.O.620 John Paul Jones Cir Portsmouth VA 23708
- Dr. Robert Dana Bradshaw MD, MPH825 Fairfax Ave Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Krishna R Padiyar MD MPH14703 Warwick Blvd Newport News VA 23608
- Dr. John G Muller MD620 John Paul Jones Cir Portsmouth VA 23708
- Dr. John R Stewart MD1326 E Little Creek Rd Norfolk VA 23518