Dr. Kamalesh Bala M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA, 51101
Dr. Kamalesh Bala is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Sioux City, IA. Dr. Bala specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Dr. P.S.I. Medical College
Madras Medical College 2000
- Prostate Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Program
Dr. Kamalesh Bala M.D.'s Practice location
Sioux City, IA 51101Get Direction
KNOXVILLE, TN 37916Get Direction
Dr. Kamalesh Bala M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bala
- Tips on How to Live with Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma, a type of cancer, adversely affects plasma cells, which are your immune system’s components. The American Cancer Society indicates that in 2014, more than 24,000 people in the United States had multiple myeloma.Multiple myeloma patients can lose their appetite due to the adverse...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Roles of the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) is a nonprofit, cancer advocacy organization that is located just outside of Washington D.C. To date, it is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States.The NCCS represents millions of Americans who share a common...
- Can Multiple Myeloma be Asymptomatic?
Early treatment for persons suffering from multiple myeloma that is asymptomatic may not be beneficial. The initial stages for multiple myeloma do not show symptoms, and this is known as being asymptomatic.The treatment for persons with asymptomatic multiple myeloma should be deferred up to when the...
- Genetic Advancements in Lymphoma Treatment
Cancers are a huge focus for research. Millions of dollars every year are funneled into funding research that could improve treatment methods or find cures for cancer, including blood cancers. Diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL) is the most common form of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) accounting...
- Arizona Firefighters Raise Funds for Lymphoma Stairclimb
Jackson County Fire District #5 partnered with Dutch Bros. Coffee in Phoenix, Arizona to help raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Scott Firefighter Stairclimb in Seattle, which took place at the Columbia Center on March 11th, 2018. All of the money raised for the stairclimb go to...
- Dr. Santiago Fabian Moscoso martinez M.D.230 NEBRASKA ST SIOUX CITY IA 51101
- Dr. Stephen P Kahanic MD230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101
- Dr. Radha M Rao M.D.230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101
- Dr. Donald B Wender M.D.230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101
- Dr. Gerald D Hagin M.D.230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101
- Dr. John Charles Michalak M.D.230 Nebraska St Sioux City IA 51101