Anthony P. Morise, MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1 Stadium Drive Morgantown WV, 26506
Dr. Anthony Morise is a cardiologist practicing in Morgantown, WV. Dr. Morise specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Morise also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont Medical Degree 1975
American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Comparison of the Diamond-Forrester method and a new score to estimate the pretest probability of coronary disease before exercise testing.
- Are the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines for exercise testing for suspected coronary artery disease correct?
- Interpreting the exercise electrocardiogram in patients either on beta-blocking drugs or with chronotropic incompetence.
- Simplifying prognostication and decision making using exercise testing.
- Evaluation of pretest and exercise test scores to assess all-cause mortality in unselected patients presenting for exercise testing with symptoms of suspected coronary artery disease.
- Exercise testing for the primary care physician.
- Accuracy of ST/heart rate index in the diagnosis of coronary artery disease.
- Heart rate recovery: predictor of risk today and target of therapy tomorrow?
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: a case report of reversible cardiormyopathy.
- Assessment of estrogen status as a marker of prognosis in women with symptoms of suspected coronary artery disease presenting for stress testing.
- Exercise testing in nonatherosclerotic heart disease: hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, valvular heart disease, and arrhythmias.
- The estimation of post-test probability of coronary disease following exercise testing using the sequential application of two Bayesian methods.
- Comparison of three Bayesian methods to estimate posttest probability in patients undergoing exercise stress testing.
- Exercise radionuclide angiography in patients with mitral stenosis: value of right ventricular response.
- Complications of myocardial infarction.
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor of Medicine within the Division of Cardiology West Virginia University School of Medicine -
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- ermont Heart Association Teaching
- University of Vermont Cardiology
- Medical University of South Carolina (1976)
- University of Vermont (Cardiology) (1980)
Anthony P. Morise, MD's Practice location
Morgantown, WV 26506Get Direction
Anthony P. Morise, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Morise
Get to know Cardiologist Dr. Anthony P. Morise, who serves patients in Morgantown, West Virginia.
A reputable cardiologist and a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, Dr. Morise is in practice with West Virginia University Heart and Vascular Institute in Morgantown, West Virginia. His principal clinical role currently is directing the Adult Lipid Clinic, a branch of preventive cardiology. He sees and treats patients with elevated cholesterol and/or triglycerides as well as other lipid disorders. He utilizes standard as well as advanced lipid lowering treatments. He sees patients with genetic lipid disorders to provide appropriate diagnosis and treatment. He is involved with several clinical trials involving lipid disorders. He is the only active physician in the state of West Virginia who is board certified in lipidology.
At the West Virginia University Heart and Vascular Institute, the experienced team of board-certified, fellowship-trained providers are performing groundbreaking and innovative procedures using cutting-edge techniques and technology not available anywhere else in the state. They are nationally recognized experts in advanced heart, lung, and vascular care, combining the highest level of expertise, the latest technology and research, and a unique personal approach to provide comprehensive world-class care.
Alongside his clinical role, he serves as a Professor of Medicine within the Division of Cardiology at the West Virginia University School of Medicine.
Back in the early days of his academic career, Dr. Morise graduated with his medical degree from The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont in 1975. He then went on to perform his internship and residency in internal medicine at the Medical University of South Carolina, after which he performed an additional residency in medicine at the Medical Center Hospital of Vermont. This was followed by a teaching fellowship at Vermont Heart Association, a fellowship in cardiology at the University of Vermont, and specialty training at Harvard School of Public Health.
Continuously advancing his efforts, he is board-certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). The ABIM is a physician-led, non-profit, independent evaluation organization driven by doctors who want to achieve higher standards for better care in a rapidly changing world. He is also board certified in lipidology by the American Board of Clinical Lipidology (ABCL).
Cardiology is a branch of medicine that deals with the disorders of the heart, as well as some parts of the circulatory system. The field includes medical diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease, and electrophysiology. Cardiologists are doctors who diagnose, assess, and treat patients with diseases and defects of the heart and blood vessels (the cardiovascular system).
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- What Are the Best Ways to Lower Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure above 140/90 mm Hg is considered hypertension, and is one of the most prevalent and preventable conditions. High blood pressure is one of the causes of about 15% of deaths in the country, and also increases the risk of heart attack and stroke. Not to mention the risks of aneurysms,...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- There is a Link Between Anabolic Steroid Use and Heart Conditions
A study published in the journal Circulation: Heart Failure, has shown that continuous use of anabolic steroids may weaken the heart. To add to the woes, researchers are not clear whether this change is a reversible one. In this study, weight lifters who took steroids regularly had impaired heart...
- How Common is Lupus, and What Does it Look Like?
SymptomsThe affected person may exhibit one or more of the following symptoms. Symptoms are not always consistent, as they may flare up or disappear at any time. ...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Bryan Raybuck M.D.1 MEDICAL CENTER DR MORGANTOWN WV 26506
- Robert Beto M.D.1 Stadium Drive Morgantown WV 26506
- Paul A Alappat MD1703 LOCUST AVE FAIRMONT WV 26554
- Rakesh Vohra M.D.1 Medical Center Drive Morgantown WV 26506
- Abnash C Jain M. D.1 Stadium Drive Morgantown WV 26507
- David C Tingler M.D.1 MEDICAL CENTER DR MORGANTOWN WV 26506