Dr. Mona Akbari is a gastroenterologist practicing in SOUTH WEYMOUTH, MA. Dr. Akbari specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Akbari performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Mona Akbari's Practice location
SOUTH WEYMOUTH, MA 02190Get Direction
Mona Akbari's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What Does the Gallbladder Do?
What is a gallbladder?The gallbladder is a hollow and pear-shaped structure situated under the liver and on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to store and concentrate bile, which is a yellow-brown colored digestive enzyme produced by the liver. The gallbladder belongs to the...
- Battling Depression in Crohn’s Disease
Living with Crohn’s disease means dealing with agitating symptoms such as abdominal pain and cramping, diarrhea, fever, reduced appetite, and unintentional weight loss. It can leave you feeling both physically and mentally exhausted. Over time, your mental health may be affected to an extent where...
- Celiac Disease: Five New Developments to Know About
When you have celiac disease or one of your family members has the disease, caution should always be taken so as not to trigger the pain and other complications that might be brought by the emergence of this disease. Since celiac disease has no known medication yet, a total abstinence from any food...
- What Is Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C is a disease caused by the hepatitis virus C. This disease particularly attacks the liver. In chronic cases, the affected person may not be aware of any signs or symptoms of the disease for years.Symptoms of Hepatitis CPeople who have an acute hepatitis C may not experience any symptoms,...
- For People with Crohn's, Mental Well-Being Is Just as Important as Physical
The impact of Crohn’s disease on a person’s lifestyle can be dramatic. The unpredictability of flare ups, medication reactions, and even bathroom locations puts a strain on the person’s ability to participate in everyday life. It’s challenging to make and keep plans when day-to-day symptoms...
- Dr. Vijay Yajnik MD, PHD165 Cambridge Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Dr. Francis A Farraye M.D.720 Harrison Ave Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Adam S Cheifetz M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Kenneth Ronald Falchuk M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Chandrashekhar Thukral M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Judy Whey-lin Nee1 Boston Medical Ctr Pl Boston MA 02118