Dr. Ward joined the University of Michigan faculty in 2003 as the Residency and Oncology Fellowship Program Director and is currently an Associate Professor. His extensive training included both degre ...
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi MD
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Emerging technologies: findings of the 2005 AAOMS Research Summit.
- Temporalis system in maxillary reconstruction: temporalis muscle and temporoparietal galea flaps.
- The palatal flap.
- Tissue biomarkers for diagnosis & management of oral squamous cell carcinoma.
- Plasma-mediated release of morphine from synthesized prodrugs.
- Metastatic melanoma to the mandible: case report and review of the literature.
- Odontogenic sinus tract to the chin: a diagnostic dilemma.
- Progress in cancer nanotechnology.
- Targeted dendrimer chemotherapy in an animal model for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Sustained analgesia achieved through esterase-activated morphine prodrugs complexed with PAMAM dendrimer.
- Targeted therapy in head and neck cancer.
- Soft tissue tumors of the neck.
- Significantly Decreased Recurrence Rates in Keratocystic Odontogenic Tumor With Simple Enucleation and Curettage Using Carnoy's Versus Modified Carnoy's Solution.
- In Reply.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Tongue During Pregnancy: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
- Member Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member American Head and Neck Society
- Member International Academy of Oral Oncology
- Member International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals 2000
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals 2003
Dr. Brent B Ward MD, DDS's Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
Dr. Brent B Ward MD, DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- Teen Finds Strength to Give Back After Battling Lymphoma
Ayden Mills is a 14-year-old middle school student residing in Vancouver, Washington. It’s easy to wonder how someone could be an inspiration at such a young age, but what Mills has gone fought through is nothing short of amazing. Mills’s story shows how it is possible to fight through even the...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Dr. Norman J Betts D.D.S., M.S.9416 S Main St Plymouth MI 48170
- Dr. Justine Moe DDS, MD1500 E. Medical Center Dr. Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Joseph I Helman DMD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Suzanne Pasternak D.D.S.42301 Cherry Hill Rd Canton MI 48188
- Dr. Richard Michael Benian D.D.S9880 E Grand River Ave Brighton MI 48116
- Stephen E Feinberg DDS1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109