Dr. Larae Stemmerman is a family practitioner practicing in Marion, IA. Dr. Stemmerman specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Stemmerman possesses immense knowledge and experience with personalized medical care including traditional and alternative medicine. Dr. Stemmerman looks at each patient individually to determine what care is best for that patient.
Education and Training
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine 1997
American Board of Family Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Sleep Apnea
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- AAFP, AMA, FAAFP
- Integris Baptist Medical Center/Great Plains Program
- Great Plains Family Practice Residency in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Medical Cosmetic procedures, Immunotherapy for Allergy
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians
Professional Society Memberships
- AAFP, AMA
What do you attribute your success to?
- Motivation to always work harder and look further to find out what is the true cause of the problems the patient may be experiencing.
Teaching and speaking
- I teach PA and NP students the variety of family medical care.
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Cooking, Reading, Writing, and Exercise
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Family Medicine
Ms. Larae Stemmerman, DO, FAAFP's Practice location
Marion, IA 52302Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Ms. Larae Stemmerman, DO, FAAFP | Family Practitioner | Adolescent Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Ms. Larae Stemmerman, DO, FAAFP's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stemmerman
- The Effects of AIDS on Families
IntroductionAIDS negatively affects not only the person suffering from it but also their families. It affects the relationships of the patients' family members. One major effect of HIV on families is the stress on children. Children often feel stress just knowing one of their family members has an...
- What Vaccines Can Prevent Congestive Heart Failure?
What Vaccines Can Prevent Congestive Heart Failure?Can a vaccine prevent heart failure? Yes, it can… Strange but true! Certain vaccines have been proved to reduce the incidence of heart failure. The flu vaccine is one of them.What Is A Vaccine?A vaccine contains weakened or dead organisms. It can...
- Can Sinusitis Be Caused by Allergies?
The inflammation of the sinuses found in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind your nose is what is known as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be a short-term inflammation resulting from a bacterial infection after an infection like the common cold. However, sinusitis can also be chronic, resulting from...
- Can My Diet Influence Eczema Flare-Ups?
There are a number of triggers that can cause eczema flare-ups. Most patients will identify these on their own and possibly take steps to avoid them. However, whether diet can cause eczema flare-ups is still a bone of contention.For a long time, it had been held as an unprofessional myth or...
- Can Certain Diets Alleviate the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
There have been speculations about the positive effects of diet on alleviating the symptoms of multiple sclerosis. Although doctors and researchers have yet to come up with sufficient evidence to prove the validity of this claim. However, a well-balanced diet is nonetheless essential to MS sufferers...
- What Are the Different Types of Allergy Tests?
Millions of people in United States are affected by different types of allergies. Knowing what causes or triggers an allergic response is important in extending an appropriate and effective treatment for the allergy. With the development of technologies, a number of new medical tests have been...