Dr. Meredith Cheryl Hitch M.D.
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Meredith Hitch is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Hitch specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
Education and Training
St George',s University Medicine
Dr. Meredith Cheryl Hitch M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Louisville, KY 40228Get Direction
DOTHAN, AL 36303Get Direction
Dr. Meredith Cheryl Hitch M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hitch
- Studies Find that Avoiding Cow's Milk-Based Formula Does Not Reduce Celiac Risk
Food allergies are considered normal in modern society especially among children and infants, yet there are instances in which an individual can have a serious issue with consuming certain food products. These reactions are not always considered allergic reactions, and they can leave an individual...
- How Long Can Gastroenteritis Last?
How long can gastroenteritis last?Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that causes diarrhea, vomiting, fever, and sometimes back pain. It is caused by germs and bacteria from poorly cooked food and contaminated water. You can also get it from food poisoning. The condition does not warrant...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- Is it Crohn's Disease or Just an Upset Stomach?
Do I have Crohn’s disease? You may have asked yourself this question a couple of times after experiencing symptoms like diarrhea and abdominal pain. To fully comprehend almost all the medical details surrounding Crohn’s disease, and possibly determine if you have the ailment, you need to look at...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- How Long Does the Stomach Flu Last?
What is a stomach flu?Gastroenteritis, also known as the "stomach flu" or "gastric flu", is the inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines. It is usually caused by a virus attacking the gastrointestinal system, although it can also be brought about by bacterial or parasitic...
- Osman Zaki Ahmad M.D.1600 7TH AVE S BIRMINGHAM AL 35233
- Kirk Andrew Thame M.B.B.S.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Jeanine S Maclin M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. John T Boyle M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Janaina B Nogueira M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Narendra Babu Vadlamudi M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233