Dr. Richard Kies is an ophthalmologist practicing in Cape Girardeau, MO. Dr. Kies specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Kies can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Kies can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo, Columbia Sch of Med, Columbia Mo 1978
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1978
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Univ Mo Kc Affil Hosps, Ophthalmology; St Johns Mercy Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Missouri at Kansas City Program
Dr. Richard L. Kies M.D.'s Practice location
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703Get Direction
Dr. Richard L. Kies M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kies
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a long-term complication of diabetes that affects the eyes. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that diabetic retinopathy is responsible for 4 percent of the 45 million cases of blindness throughout the world. It is caused by a damage to the blood vessels of the...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea?
Rosacea is a very common skin condition that frequently affects people aged above 30 years. It produces redness on your cheeks, nose, and forehead. Although it commonly affects women, more severe symptoms occur in males. Approximately 16 million people are affected in the United States alone, and it...
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- Dr. David John Westrich M.D.360 S Mount Auburn Rd Cape Girardeau MO 63703
- Dr. John Reck Kinder M.D.64 Doctors Park Cape Girardeau MO 63703
- Dr. Marybeth Esswein Kapp MD3065 William St Cape Girardeau MO 63703
- Dr. Tatyana Igorevna Metelitsina M.D.2601 N 3rd St Harrisburg PA 17110
- Dr. Todd James Lumsden D.O.64 Doctors Park Cape Girardeau MO 63703
- Dr. Derrall Shawn Parker M.D.360 S Mount Auburn Rd Cape Girardeau MO 63703