Dr. Stephen Claude Betts MD
Internist2450 E Show Low Lake Rd Suite 1 Show Low AZ, 85901
Dr. Stephen Betts is an internist practicing in Show Low, AZ. Dr. Betts specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Betts provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Az Coll of Med, Tucson Az 1975
University of Arizona College of Medicine 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- Vascular Disease
- Tripler Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Tripler Army Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. Stephen Claude Betts MD's Practice location
Show Low, AZ 85901Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Claude Betts MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Betts
- Does Regular Exercise Affect Life Expectancy?
A recent study published in, The Lancet, shows that daily light exercise of 15 minutes per day can increase the life expectancy by three years and lower the risk of death by 14%. This is especially true in the case of people who are inactive. In this study, the researchers compared inactive people...
- What Could an Itchy Vulva Mean?
The vulva is the external part of the female genitalia, which includes the skin between the anus and the vagina, and the lips of the vagina. An itchy vulva is medically called pruritus vulvae. It is normal for women to experience a slight vulvar itch, but if you have an uncomfortable and persistent...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- How to Get Rid of Smegma?
What is Smegma?In uncircumcised males, smegma is a sebaceous matter made up of oil and dead skin cells, which accumulates under the foreskin. In females, it accumulates around the folds of the labia. It is not a serious condition and not a sexually transmitted infection. However, a smegma buildup...
- Can Microchips Administer Medication?
A new idea of having an implantable microchip to deliver drugs on medication may replace daily injections and improve patient compliance in treatments. The new programmable device, discovered by researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), was tested on humans and the results...
- What Could Dysuria Be Telling You?
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or a burning sensation, discomfort, or difficulty when passing urine. In most cases, dysuria is a symptom of another medical condition. Males and females of any age can experience dysuria. However, this symptom is more common in...
- Dr. Nicholas Kalayeh M.D.2200 E Show Low Lake Rd Show Low AZ 85901
- Dr. Steven Bradley Chintis DO5171 Cub Lake Rd Show Low AZ 85901
- Arun D Sherma MD2650 E Show Low Lake Rd Show Low AZ 85901
- Dr. Vinee Srivastava MD2200 E Show Low Lake Rd Show Low AZ 85901
- Dr. Beth Ann Cooley M.D.5171 Cub Lake Rd Show Low AZ 85901
- Dr. Simranjit Singh Galhotra MD, MBA5300 S Sutter Dr Show Low AZ 85901