Dr. Darren N. Seril, M.D., PhD
Internist111 S 11th St Philadelphia PA, 19107
Dr. Darren Seril is an internist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Seril specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Seril provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Dr. Darren N. Seril, M.D., PhD's Videos
Education and Training
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Medical Degree 2007
American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Molecular alterations of p73 in human esophageal squamous cell carcinomas: loss of heterozygosity occurs frequently; loss of imprinting and elevation of p73 expression may be related to defective p53.
- Plasma and tissue levels of tea catechins in rats and mice during chronic consumption of green tea polyphenols.
- Dietary iron supplementation enhances DSS-induced colitis and associated colorectal carcinoma development in mice.
- Inhibition of chronic ulcerative colitis-associated colorectal adenocarcinoma development in a murine model by N-acetylcysteine.
- Oxidative stress and ulcerative colitis-associated carcinogenesis: studies in humans and animal models.
- Epigallocatechin-3-gallate is absorbed but extensively glucuronidated following oral administration to mice.
- Inhibition of lung carcinogenesis and effects on angiogenesis and apoptosis in
- Systemic iron supplementation replenishes iron stores without enhancing colon carcinogenesis in murine models of ulcerative colitis: comparison with iron-enriched diet.
- High-iron diet: foe or feat in ulcerative colitis and ulcerative colitis-associated carcinogenesis.
- Colorectal carcinoma development in inducible nitric oxide synthase-deficient mice with dextran sulfate sodium-induced ulcerative colitis.
- Mycobacterium avium Subspecies paratuberculosis in Crohn's disease: the puzzle continues.
- The association between autoimmunity and pouchitis.
- Clostridium difficile infection in patients with ileal pouches.
- Risk factors and management of refractory or recurrent clostridium difficile infection in ileal pouch patients.
- Auto-inflammatory diseases in ileal pouch patients with NOD2/CARD15 mutations.
- Patients’ Choice Award 2016
- On-Time Doctor Award 2016
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation inflammatory bowel disease
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Gastroenterology
Dr. Darren N. Seril, M.D., PhD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19107Get Direction
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Get Direction
Dr. Darren N. Seril, M.D., PhD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Seril
Get to know Gastroenterologist Dr. Darren N. Seril, who serves patients in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Dr. Seril is a dual board-certified, fellowship-trained gastroenterologist on staff at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunswick.
The Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital is an American 965-bed hospital with campuses in New Brunswick and Somerville, New Jersey. It serves as a flagship hospital of RWJBarnabas Health. “Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the patients and communities we serve by: Fostering an environment of excellence in all areas including the provision of the highest quality, evidence-based patient care in collaboration with the hospital’s health care professionals.”
His acclaimed field in medicine began after he obtained his medical degree from Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 2007. He then went on to serve his residency in internal medicine at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. This was followed by fellowships in inflammatory bowel disease and gastroenterology at Cleveland Clinic Foundation and Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, respectively.
A leader in his field, Dr. Seril is board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). The ABIM is a physician-led, non-profit, independent evaluation organization driven by doctors who want to achieve higher standards for better care in a rapidly changing world.
Gastroenterology is the branch of medicine focused on the digestive system and its disorders. A gastroenterologist is a physician who has extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the esophagus, stomach, small intestines, colon, liver, pancreas, and biliary system.
In honor of his clinical expertise, Dr. Seril is the recipient of Patients’ Choice Award (2016) and On-Time Doctor Award (2016).
- Are Weight Loss Supplements Effective?
Have you ever considered herbal supplements to achieve a slim physique? There are many different types of herbal supplements that contain a variety of ingredients, like appetite suppressants, Ephedrine, Chitosan, Dandelion, Clenbuterol, Cascara, Guar Guam, and diuretics. Are these ingredients safe...
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- What Is a Bruise?
IntroductionBruises, also known as contusions, appear due to certain types of trauma. Bruises are formed when the body’s soft tissues are injured due to bumps, twists, fall, or blow to the body. This injury causes tiny blood vessels and small veins to break and release red blood cells (RBCs)...
- The Signs of Strep Throat
What is strep throat?Strep throat is the most common form of bacterial infection of the throat and tonsils, resulting in inflammation and irritation. Strep throat is caused by different types of streptococcus bacteria. The severity of the condition differs from one type of bacteria to another. Not...
- What is P90X System?
P90X system is an extreme home fitness training program that claims to give you a lean and fab body at the end of a 90 day session. The training is provided through a 12-DVD set video program that features workouts for specific parts of the body. The program asks for six to seven days of regular one...
- What's the Difference Between Salt and Sodium?
IntroductionWhen people say salt, they usually mean the common table salt. Salt is a mineral that is mainly composed of sodium chloride (NaCl). To distinguish table salt from a class of chemical compounds called salts, the terms rock salt or the mineral name halite is used. Sodium is also...
- Dr. Paul M. Rutkowski D.O.245 N 15th St Philadelphia PA 19102
- Dr. Daniel W. Altman M.D.141 Ganttown Rd Blackwood NJ 08012
- Dr. Donna E. Wilson D.O.1405 Chews Landing Rd Clementon NJ 08021
- Dr. Donna Raziano MD MBA1900 S Broad St Philadelphia PA 19145
- Dr. Sherrylynn Nacario Lee MD90 Brick Rd Marlton NJ 08053
- Dr. Akhnuwkh Jones M.D.100 E LANCASTER AVE WYNNEWOOD PA 19096