Dr. Shaker R Dakhil MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology818 N Emporia St Suite 403 Wichita KS, 67214
Dr. Shaker Dakhil is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Wichita, KS. Dr. Dakhil specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Beirut Arab University Faculty of Medicine
UniversitÈ Saint-Joseph FacultÈ de MÈdecine 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Phase II study of Didemnin B in central nervous system tumors: a Southwest Oncology Group study.
- Association of immune parameters with clinical outcome in stage III colon cancer: results of Southwest Oncology Group Protocol 9009.
- Phase II evaluation of fluorouracil and recombinant alpha-2a-interferon in previously untreated patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- An eicosapentaenoic acid supplement versus megestrol acetate versus both for patients with cancer-associated wasting: a North Central Cancer Treatment Group and National Cancer Institute of Canada collaborative effort.
- Randomized phase II study of two irinotecan schedules for patients with metastatic breast cancer refractory to an anthracycline, a taxane, or both.
- Phase II trial of dolastatin-10 in patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Von Meyenberg complexes simulating diffuse liver metastasis in rectal carcinoma.
- Radiotherapy and adjuvant trastuzumab in operable breast cancer: tolerability and adverse event data from the NCCTG Phase III Trial N9831.
- A phase II trial of FOLFOX6 and cetuximab in the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Cediranib (AZD2171) in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: a phase II North Central Cancer Treatment Group Clinical Trial.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) reduces acute chemotherapy-induced nausea: a URCC CCOP study of 576 patients.
- Phase II Study of Gemcitabine, Carboplatin, and Iniparib As Neoadjuvant Therapy for Triple-Negative and BRCA1/2 Mutation-Associated Breast Cancer With Assessment of a Tumor-Based Measure of Genomic Instability: PrECOG 0105.
- Buspirone for management of dyspnea in cancer patients receiving chemotherapy: a randomized placebo-controlled URCC CCOP study.
- Continued Treatment Effect of Zoledronic Acid Dosing Every 12 vs 4 Weeks in Women With Breast Cancer Metastatic to Bone: The OPTIMIZE-2 Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Malpositioned hepatic artery catheters.
- Endocrine Therapy With or Without Abemaciclib (LY2835219) Following Surgery in Participants With Breast Cancer
- A Study of Nab-Paclitaxel and Gemcitabine With or Without Olaratumab (LY3012207) in Participants With Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- Randomized, Open Label, Clinical Study of the Targeted Therapy, Palbociclib, to Treat Metastatic Breast Cancer
- The National Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) Study
- Phase II Trial of Combination Immunotherapy With NeuVax and Trastuzumab in High-risk HER2+ Breast Cancer Patients
- Phase 2, Single Arm, Open Label Study of Folotyn in Combination With Oral Leucovorin to Prevent or Reduce Mucositis in Patients With Hematological Malignancies
- A Study to Evaluate Characteristics Predictive of a Positive Imaging Study for Distant Metastases in Patients With Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Wayne St Univ Affil Hosp, Internal Medicine; Harper-Grace Hosps-Grace, Internal Medicine
- University of Michigan Program
Dr. Shaker R Dakhil MD's Practice location
Wichita, KS 67214Get Direction
Dr. Shaker R Dakhil MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Dakhil
- Living with Lymphoma Day by Day
A majority of individuals diagnosed with lymphoma find that they have to make a great deal of adjustments to their lives. There are several physical, emotional, social, and everyday obstacles from diagnosis to remission.Living with lymphoma can be different for every individual, which is why it is...
- Superheroes Unite For Elementary Student Fighting Lymphoma
Anyone diagnosed with cancer knows how terrifying and debilitating the news can be. Now just imagine how horrible an experience it would be for an elementary school student to hear that they have cancer.It is a sad fact that thousands of children are diagnosed with cancer every year, and it is...
- What Specialists Treat Multiple Myeloma?
If you suffer from multiple myeloma, which a rare form of blood cancer, one of the most crucial decisions you will have to make is choosing a doctor who specializes in multiple myeloma. A hematologist-oncologist is the specialist you need who will manage your cancer throughout the cycle of...
- Inspirational Blood Cancer Survivors
Different forms of blood cancer are responsible for claiming the third most lives out of all the types of cancer. Additionally, there are currently no known preventative treatments for blood cancers, and the disease also impacts children and young people more than any other form of cancer.When it...
- The Lymphoma Research Foundation's Light it Red for Lymphoma Night
Lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system, currently affects over 700,000 Americans who are living with or in remission from the disease. Statistics show that every seven minutes, someone in the United States is diagnosed with the condition, which amounts to approximately 80,000 people per year.The...
- Stanford University's Linebacker Ryan Beecher Must Now Tackle Lymphoma
There's no doubt that Ryan Beecher is strong. If you want just watch one Stanford University football game, you'll see that and then some. However, he is now going to have to use a different type of strength in his battle against lymphoma.Ryan's storyWhile many had been following Ryan Beecher before...
- Dr. Hazem Edmond El-osta MD1010 N Kansas St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Dennis F Moore MD818 N Emporia St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Quoc V Truong MD818 N Emporia St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Michael W Cannon MD818 N Emporia St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Pavan S Reddy M.D.818 N Emporia St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. David B Johnson MD818 N Emporia St Wichita KS 67214