Dr. Kimberly Beavers is a hepatologist practicing in Asheville, NC. Dr. Beavers specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- MRI evaluation of the liver.
- MR imaging findings of infectious cholangitis.
- MR imaging features of primary sclerosing cholangitis: patterns of cirrhosis in relationship to clinical severity of disease.
- Evaluation of pharmacokinetics, user handling, and tolerability of peginterferon alfa-2a (40 kDa) delivered via a disposable autoinjector device.
- Predictive value of FIB-4 and APRI versus METAVIR on sustained virologic response in genotype 1 hepatitis C patients.
- Univ Of Nc Hosps, Gastroenterology; Univ Of Nc Hosps, Internal Medicine
Dr. Kimberly Lorraine Beavers M.D.'s Practice location
Asheville, NC 28801Get Direction
CHARLESTON, SC 29425Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Kimberly Lorraine Beavers M.D. | Hepatologist | Hepatology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Kimberly Lorraine Beavers M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Beavers
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B, also known as HBV, is a disease caused by the Hepatitis B virus. This virus interferes with liver functions and can cause pathological harm. Normally, the infected person can get rid of this virus, but very few cannot, and thus becomes chronically infected. This virus can be fatal,...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...