Steven G Imbesi M.D.
Radiologist | Diagnostic Radiology200 W Arbor Dr Mail Code 8756 San Diego CA, 92103
Dr. Steven Imbesi is a radiologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Imbesi specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1989
Thomas Jefferson University, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Philadelphia, PA Medical Degree
University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA Other Degree
UC Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA Other Degree
UC San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, CA Other Degree
Radiologist Medical Degree
Professor of Radiology Medical Degree
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Analysis of slipstream flow in two ruptured intracranial cerebral aneurysms.
- Diffuse cerebral vasculitis with normal results on brain MR imaging.
- Flow dynamics in a lethal anterior communicating artery aneurysm.
- Wernicke encephalopathy.
- Peripheral nerve ischaemia after internal iliac artery ligation.
- Analysis of slipstream flow in a wide-necked basilar artery aneurysm: evaluation of potential treatment regimens.
- Epidural blood patch in a patient with an arachnoid cyst.
- Reproducibility analysis of a new objective method for measuring arteriovenous malformation nidus size at angiography.
- Transient focal leptomeningeal enhancement in Sturge-Weber syndrome.
- Aneurysm flow dynamics: alterations of slipstream flow for neuroendovascular treatment with liquid embolic agents.
- Intramedullary spinal cord metastasis of lung adenocarcinoma presenting as Brown-Sequard syndrome.
- Manipulation of volume data to manufacture vascular replicas.
- Intracranial meningeal disease: comparison of contrast-enhanced MR imaging with fluid-attenuated inversion recovery and fat-suppressed T1-weighted sequences.
- Lymphocytic vasculitis mimicking aggressive multifocal cerebral neoplasm: mr imaging and MR spectroscopic appearance.
- Rapid prototyping to create vascular replicas from CT scan data: making tools to teach, rehearse, and choose treatment strategies.
Steven G Imbesi M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, CA 92103Get Direction
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- R. Sean Pakbaz15415 Eastvale Road Poway California 92064
- Jack Zyroff M.D.10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla CA 92037
- Barry Blair Campbell M.D.10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla CA 92037
- Harold Giovanni Pimenta M.D.10666 N TORREY PINES RD LA JOLLA CA 92037
- William P Mansfield M.D.406 9th Ave San Diego CA 92101
- Brian J Moffit M.D.501 Washington St San Diego CA 92103