Dr. Rahul Gilotra MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology12016 Georgia Ave Silver Spring MD, 20902
Dr. Rahul Gilotra is a gastroenterologist practicing in Silver Spring, MD. Dr. Gilotra specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Gilotra performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ Coll Of Med Scis- Univ Of Delhi- New Delhi- Delhi- India 1981
Lady Hardinge Medical College Medical
Butler University in Indianapolis 1981
University of Calabar College of Medical Sciences 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Acid Reflux
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Gastroenterology; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Internal Medicine
- Saint Elizabeths Hospital-DC Department of Behavioral Health Program
Dr. Rahul Gilotra MD's Practice location
Silver Spring, MD 20902Get Direction
WHEATON, MD 20902Get Direction
Dr. Rahul Gilotra MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gilotra
- Is There Really a Bathroom Request Card for People with IBD?
Rumors have been going around about a "bathroom card" for people with Crohn's and colitis that acts as an all-access bathroom pass, leading many to wonder if it really exists and, if so, how it works, and how to get their hands on one.Is it for real?For those with Crohn's and colitis, targeted ads...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Silent Reflux?
Silent reflux, or laryngopharyngeal reflux, is similar to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), however, it lacks the characteristic symptoms of GERD. Both conditions are caused by contents from the stomach moving backward into the esophagus. As the typical symptoms of gastric reflux are lacking...
- How Can I Manage Heartburn?
The burning sensation that heartburn causes can be more than just an inconvenience once in a while. It can keep you awake during the night, and affect your day-to-day activities. Heartburn relief relies on an individual's understanding to avoid the basic triggers for heartburn in his or her diet....
- The Positive Impact of Mango Consumption on Crohn’s and Colitis
Inflammatory bowel disease affects an estimated 1.5 million individuals in the United States alone. Approximately 2.2 million individuals experience inflammatory bowel disease in Europe, with a comparable number of estimated cases in the rest of the world. There are many different diseases that fall...
- Blood in Your Stool: Where Does It Come From?
Where does the bleeding come from?Bleeding that causes blood in the stool can develop in any part of the gastrointestinal tract....
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- Dr. Robert G. Finkel MD10801 LOCKWOOD DR SILVER SPRING MD 20901
- Dr. Emil Valle M.D.1939 Roland Clarke Pl Reston VA 20191
- Susan H. Barton10110 Molecular Dr Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Jacquelyn L. Redd M.D.1221 Mercantile Lane Upper Marlboro MD 20774
- Dr. Ashraf M. Sufi MD18111 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832
- Dr. Faisal Bhinder MD9711 MEDICAL CENTER DR ROCKVILLE MD 20850