Dr. Karen Straus practices Radiation Oncology in Paoli, PA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Straus specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth 1982
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Prostate Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Radiation Oncology; Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. Karen L Straus MD's Practice location
Paoli, PA 19301Get Direction
Dr. Karen L Straus MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Does Bladder Cancer Require Chemotherapy for Treatment?
Does bladder cancer require chemotherapy for treatment?Bladder cancer can be treated through a number of ways and chemotherapy is one of them. Chemotherapy is an important treatment method and it works well in many cases. However, to understand whether it is necessary, it is important to know what...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Dr. James David Kolker MD51 N 39th St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Edgar Ben-josef MD3400 Civic Center Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Lilie L Lin MD3400 Spruce Street Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Justin Eli Bekelman MD51 N 39th St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Harold Agbahiwe M.D.833 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Won S Chang MD470 John Young Way Exton PA 19341