Dr. Karen Straus practices Radiation Oncology in Paoli, PA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Straus specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth 1982
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Prostate Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Radiation Oncology; Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. Karen L Straus MD's Practice location
Paoli, PA 19301Get Direction
Dr. Karen L Straus MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Does Bladder Cancer Require Chemotherapy for Treatment?
Does bladder cancer require chemotherapy for treatment?Bladder cancer can be treated through a number of ways and chemotherapy is one of them. Chemotherapy is an important treatment method and it works well in many cases. However, to understand whether it is necessary, it is important to know what...
- Dr. James David Kolker MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Edgar Ben-josef MD3400 Civic Center Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Justin Eli Bekelman MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Lilie L Lin MD3400 Spruce Street Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Harold Agbahiwe M.D.833 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Lawrence J Solin MD3400 Spruce Street Philadelphia PA 19104