Dr. Atiya Waheed is a family practitioner practicing in Pine Bluff, AR. Dr. Waheed specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Waheed possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Health Sciences / Osmania Medical College 1970
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Swedish Covenant Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Swedish Covenant Hosp, General Practice; Norwegian American Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Norwegian American Hospital
Dr. Atiya N Waheed MD.'s Practice location
Pine Bluff, AR 71603Get Direction
Dr. Atiya N Waheed MD.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Waheed
- Croup in Adults
Croup is a very common respiratory infection in children, but it can also occur in adults. It can occur at any point and is quite infectious since the virus is often being dispersed through the air, which causes the infection to spread to others. Although rare, croup can also be caused by bacterial...
- Is Sinusitis Preventable?
One of the leading reasons why individuals visit their doctors is sinus pain. According to research, approximately 37 million American citizens get symptoms for sinusitis like thick nasal discharge, sinus pain, and nasal congestion. That figure is on the rise due to an increase in pollutants and...
- Paronychia Treatment
What is paronychia?Paronychia is a form of skin infection that occurs around the fingernails and toenails. Bacteria, Candida (yeast), or a combination of both microorganisms usually cause this infection. Paronychia may gradually or suddenly develop depending on the root cause of the infection. Its...
- The Importance of Circumcision
Do You Need a circumcision?All male are born with a foreskin. It is a mass of skin that covers the glans of the penis. This is a covering that grows with time as the child grows. Circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin leaving the head of the penis exposded. Circumcision has been...
- Lactose Intolerance: Get the Facts
Lactose intolerance is a digestive problem where the body cannot digest the lactose present in milk and dairy products. Lactose is naturally occurring sugar found in dairy products. It is the main carbohydrate found in all types of milk.In a very small number of cases the production of lactase may...
- The Main Causes of Lower Back Pain
Brief AnatomyThe back is composed of layers of muscles that hold the spinal column in place. It is involved in moving, twisting, and bending, which is why the back is prone to muscle strain.The spinal column is made up of vertebrae that are divided into five regions. The spinal column provides...
- Dr. Jayanth Talluri M.D.4010 S Mulberry St Pine Bluff AR 71603
- Dr. Scott Richard Nichols M.D.4747 Dusty Lake Dr Pine Bluff AR 71603
- Dr. John E. Harris M.D.7500 Dollarway Rd White Hall AR 71602
- Dr. Kevin Michael Li MD818 Webster St Oakland CA 94607
- Dr. Kenneth Doyne Dill MD616 W Keiser Ave Osceola AR 72370
- Dr. Kiley B Kirksey M.D.4010 S Mulberry St Pine Bluff AR 71603