Mrs. Charlotte C Mitchum M.S., CCC-SLP
Speech-Language Pathologist2225 OLD EMMORTON RD BEL AIR MD, 21015
Dr. Charlotte Mitchum is a speech language pathologist practicing in BEL AIR, MD. Dr. Mitchum specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mitchum evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mitchum helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Orthographic effects in the word substitutions of aphasic patients: an epidemic of right neglect dyslexia?
- Short-term memory and sentence comprehension. An investigation of a patient with crossed aphasia.
- Clinical linguistics, cognitive neuropsychology and aphasia therapy.
- Comprehension of reversible sentences in aphasia: the effects of verb meaning.
- Traditional and contemporary views of aphasia: implications for clinical management.
- Aphasia rehabilitation: an approach to diagnosis and treatment of language production disorders.
- The role of intonation cues in aphasic patients' performance of the grammaticality judgment task.
- Assessing the elements contributing to a "mapping" deficit: a targeted treatment study.
- Comprehension of reversible sentences in "agrammatism": a meta-analysis.
- Verb retrieval in aphasia. 1. Characterizing single word impairments.
- Verb retrieval in aphasia. 2. Relationship to sentence processing.
- Lexical-semantic organization: evidence from aphasia.
- Patterns of sentence comprehension in aphasia: a consideration of three hypotheses.
Mrs. Charlotte C Mitchum M.S., CCC-SLP's Practice location
BEL AIR, MD 21015Get Direction
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Ms. Patricia Lynn Banick MA., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Mrs. Tammy Lynn Martin M.S. CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Jordan Hulse M.S., CF-SLP12 MEDSTAR BLVD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Mrs. Karen Denise Hojnacki MS., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Mrs. Cristina Michelle Barczak CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Mrs. Christine C Powell MS., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015