Dr. Michael J. O'brien MD
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine1430 Tulane Ave Dept. Of Orthopaedic New Orleans LA, 70112
Dr. Michael O'Brien received his medical degree from the Tulane University School of Medicine in 2003. After completing his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at the University of Maryland, and a Shoulder ...
Education and Training
Tulane University School of Medicine 2003
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Torn Meniscus
- Frozen Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- University of Maryland Medical Center2008
Dr. Michael J. O'brien MD's Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70112 Get Direction
New Orleans, LA 70118 Get Direction
Dr. Michael J. O'brien MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. O'brien
- Hypertension: When Should I Call a Doctor?
Emergency situations with high blood pressure, called hypertensive crisis, are common when blood pressure is very high. This is a serious situation, as it may lead to organ damage. If the increase in blood pressure is not too high to cause any problems to any of the organs it is referred to as...
- Hot Coffee or Tea May Reduce the Risk of MRSA
What is MRSA?Staphylococcus aureus (S.aureus or Staph) is a harmful bacterium which is mostly present on the skin of an individual. In a normal scenario, the bacterium does not cause any harm or present symptoms.However, when the skin gets damaged or injured (a scratch or cut), this bacterium can...
- Treatments for Back Pain
The aim of treatments for back pain is to relief pain and restore mobility. Adjusting your activities is the essential treatment for easing acute back pain caused by minor injury or strain. Back pain treatments are determined by the duration you have experienced the pain, the severity and your...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Do I Have Gas or Appendicitis?
The human body has mesmerized doctors for centuries because of its complex and often mysterious workings. For example, every vein connected to an artery is part of a massive blood supply cycle where millions of different cells function using nutrients from food particles absorbed by the digestive...
- What Should I Know About Blood Clots?
Blood flows continuously through blood vessels and supplies nutrients and oxygen to different parts of the body. At the site of an injury, a blood clot prevents excess bleeding. Under normal conditions, blood clots are lifesaving. When the clot is formed as a part of normal repair process in the...
- Neil Duplantier M.D. 2600 Belle Chasse Hwy Gretna Louisiana 70056
- Dr. Luis Manuel Espinoza M.D. 4921 Airline Drive Metairie LA 70001
- Dr. Matthew A. Mcqueen MD 2080 Child St Jacksonville FL 32214
- Dr. Michael W Hartman M.D. 200 West Esplanade Ave, Suite 500 Kenner LA 70065
- Dr. Scott C Montgomery MD 1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Wame Nicholas Waggenspack M.D. 200 West Esplanade Ave, Suite 500 Kenner LA 70065