Dr. Nadia Malik practices Radiation Oncology in Buffalo, NY. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Malik specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
St George',s University
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Member American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology 2008
- MemberAssociation of Residents in Radiation Oncology 2008
- MemberAmerican Brachytherapy Society 2008
- Member The Association of Physicians of Pakistani descent of North America (APPNA)
- Member ASTRO
Dr. Nadia Karen Malik MD's Practice location
Buffalo, NY 14263Get Direction
The Woodlands, TX 77384Get Direction
Dr. Nadia Karen Malik MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the major treatments for any type of cancer. It is a procedure that uses high energy particles such as gamma rays, protons, electrons, x-rays, and electron beams to destroy cancer cells. Other names for radiation therapy include x-ray therapy, radiotherapy, or...
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- Radiation Therapy vs Chemotherapy
Radiation TherapyIn this method, the doctors will use gamma rays, x-rays, and charged particles that will be directed at, implanted, or introduced directly into the blood stream. In this form of treatment, you will find the three types of therapy that will all be described according to way they...
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- Dr. Michael Kuettel MDElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY 14263
- Dr. Andrew J Evans MD1000 10th Ave New York NY 10019
- Dr. Dhiren K Shah MD2121 Main St Buffalo NY 14214
- Dr. Johnny Yap MDElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY 14263
- Dr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal M.D.306 Grant Ave Auburn NY 13021
- Dr. Gregory Hare MDElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY 14263