Dr. Monica Schwartz is a speech language pathologist practicing in KENTON, OH. Dr. Schwartz specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Schwartz evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Schwartz helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Monica Schwartz M.A.CCC-SLP's Practice location
KENTON, OH 43326Get Direction
Monica Schwartz M.A.CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Cheryl A Miller M.S. CCC-SLP725 W NORTH AVE ADA OH 45810
- Mrs. Chelsea Hoelzle MA, CCC-SLP222 W CARROL ST KENTON OH 43326
- Cara Beth Wetherill M.S. CCC-SLP631 SILVER ST KENTON OH 43326
- Ms. Victoria Wilkinson M.A. CCC-SLP705 N IDA ST KENTON OH 43326
- Mrs. Anna E Poling M.A. CCC-SLP1211 W LIMA ST STE A KENTON OH 43326
- Mrs. Andrea Schneider M.A., CCC-SLP222 W CARROL ST KENTON OH 43326