Dr. Rahul Patel D.P.M.
Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) | Foot & Ankle Surgery245 5th Ave 307 New York NY, 10016
Dr. Rahul Patel is a podiatrist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Patel is a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Patel diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
Education and Training
NYCPM DPM 2001
American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Foot Surgery (Podiatric Surgery)
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Attending New York Presbyterian Queen s 2010 - Present
- Chief Resident of the Year 17 NYCPM
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Dr. Rahul Patel D.P.M.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10016Get Direction
- What Causes My Ankles and Feet to Swell?
We often see the troublesome swelling in our ankles and feet, which affects our movements. Fortunately, this swelling is not very serious and you shouldn't worry about it if you are physically active. If swelling is associated with serious symptoms, it does require medical attention as it may be an...
- Being Diagnosed with Diabetes
The disease begins with a feeling of increased thirst, urination or unexplained weight changes. These symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor so as to get your blood sugar tested. If the blood sugar level is more than 200 mg/dL, consider performing a sugar test. If you are unsure of the...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- What Is a Heel Spur?
A heel spur refers to a small, pointed calcaneus outgrowth from the underside of the heel. The outgrowth may be seen under the heel or at the back of the heel. Both conditions may remain painless, or it can cause pain while pressure is applied to the ball of the foot.Patients may not have any...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- Dr. Arianna Sabghir DPM251 Central Park West New York New York 10024
- Dr. Shazia Amar DPM608 Schenectady Ave Brooklyn NY 11203
- Dr. Lauren Grossman DPM363 Grand Ave Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Kelvin Barry3757 91st Street Jackson Heights NEW YORK 11372
- Dr. Yelena Voronova D.P.M.3079 Brighton 13th St Brooklyn NY 11235
- Dr. Robert J. Fuerstman DPM405 Kearny Avenue Kearny NJ 07032