Dr. Susan Hyman is a pediatrician specializing in development disabilities and autism spectrum disorders. She is Associate Professor at the Department of Pediatrics at Golisano Children's Hospital at ...
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1968
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University 1980
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 2004
- Discovery of allelic variants of HOXA1 and HOXB1: genetic susceptibility to autism spectrum disorders.
- Measles-mumps-rubella vaccine and autistic spectrum disorder: report from the New
- Pervasive developmental disorders in young children.
- MMR--Separate administration-has it been done?
- Natural history of cognitive deficits and their relationship to MRI T2-hyperintensities in NF1.
- Plasma amino acids profiles in children with autism: potential risk of nutritional deficiencies.
- Use of complementary and alternative treatments for children with autistic spectrum disorders is increasing.
- The use of two language tests to identify pragmatic language problems in children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Introduction: novel therapies in developmental disabilities--hope, reason, and evidence.
- Novel treatments for autistic spectrum disorders.
- Olfaction and taste processing in autism.
- Complementary and alternative medicine treatments for children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Animal models of autism spectrum disorders: information for neurotoxicologists.
- Should all children be screened for autism spectrum disorders? Yes: merging science, policy, and practice.
- Asking the right questions: meaningful outcome measures for neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Learning Disabilities
- Birth Defects
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Member SOCIETY FOR DEVELOPMENTAL AND BEHAVIORAL PEDIATRICS
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
- Member AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS AUTISM SUBCOMMITTEE CHAIR
- Member American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine
- St Luke'S-Roosevelt H-Roosevel, Internal Medicine; St Luke'S-Roosevelt H-Roosevel, Pediatrics; Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Pediatric Cardiology; Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Program A
Dr. Susan L Hyman MD's Practice location
Rochester, NY 14642Get Direction
Dr. Susan L Hyman MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- Ed Asner Discusses Son and Grandson’s Autism
Seven-time Emmy award-winning actor and voice artist, Ed Asner, admitted that he did not see the signs that his youngest son, Charlie, had autism. The signs that others seemed to have noticed, including difficulty fitting in, lack of empathy, and lack of certain lagging skills. “I really found a...
- Brain Fluid Build-Up May Be Observed in Young Children with Autism
According to a recent study, children with autism ages 2 to 4 have around 15% more fluid build-up between their skull and brain, as opposed to their typical peers. Based on the researchers’ findings, the excess fluid may indicate an early warning sign for autism, thereby possibly helping to...
- Febrile Seizures Are Linked to Childhood Vaccines
Fevers leading to seizures, or febrile seizures, are terrifying to the parents and as per a new study, these seizures are somehow linked to certain vaccinations administered in childhood. Researchers from Denmark have shown that a combination of vaccines that protect against diseases, like...
- 5 Healthcare Professionals You Should Contact If Your Child Has Autism
The following list consists of five different autism organizations you should contact if your child has been diagnosed with autism.US Autism and Asperger Association (USAAA)The USAAA is a nonprofit center for autism that provides education, support, and solutions to people who are in need of...
- Tommy Hilfiger Now Offers Clothing Line For People With Disabilities
Coming down with a chronic disease or being born with a disability can be a very serious issue, especially if left untreated. As most know, a condition like Duchenne muscular dystrophy can alter the patient’s lives, forcing them and their caregivers to adopt different lifestyle habits to...