Dr. Julio Fernando Mateus nino MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Maternal & Fetal Medicine171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC, 29425
Dr. Julio Mateus nino is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Mateus nino specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Mateus nino can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Mateus nino can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Bogot· Facultad de Medicina 1994
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Gestational Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
Dr. Julio Fernando Mateus nino MD's Practice location
CHARLOTTE, NC 28204Get Direction
Dr. Julio Fernando Mateus nino MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mateus nino
- Reasons Why You Need Bariatric Surgery
What is Bariatric Surgery?Bariatric surgery is also referred as weight loss surgery. It is mainly done on obese people or those with a BMI (body mass index) greater than forty. The main aim of this kind of surgery is to achieve weight loss. What are the Risks of Being Overweight?Being obese poses...
- How Can I Lower the Risk of Preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is a common condition during pregnancy characterized by very high blood pressure and the presence of proteins in urine, both of which are seen after 20 weeks of pregnancy. The blood pressure in the pregnant woman who had normal measure of blood pressure rises to as high as 140/90 mm of...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- What is a Cervical Biopsy?
A cervical biopsy is a medical or surgical procedure where a small sample of cervix tissue is taken for microscopic exam and analysis. Cervix is the narrow end of the womb found at the end of the vagina.A cervical biopsy is usually performed when a certain abnormality is found during a routine pap...
- What are the Treatment Options for Genital Warts?
Genital Warts is an STD in which a person develops soft growth on the genital areas. Though the visible warts go away on their own, it becomes difficult to treat them when HPV virus enters the bloodstream. There is no remedy for removing HPV completely but the visible warts can be removed either...
- Fetal Development During the Third Trimester
Weekly developmentsWeek 28Baby’s eyes are open and are sensitive to light; eyelashes have formed. The wrinkles on the skin begin to smooth out due to the fat deposited in the skin.Week 29During this period, the baby’s bones are fully developed but not yet strong. The touch receptors are now...
- Dr. Paula E Orr MD5319 Parkshire Way North Charleston SC 29418
- Dr. Kathryn Manning Hargrove M.D.2093 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Elaine Eustis MD3510 Hwy 17 North Mount Pleasant SC 29466
- Dr. Christian Smith Cook M.D.851 Leonard Fulghum Dr Mount Pleasant SC 29464
- Dr. Caroline S Keller M.D.2145 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Heidi Michelle Sapp MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425