Dr. Brian C Hiestand M.D.
Emergency Physician505 Parnassus Ave # M-1202 San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Brian Hiestand practices Emergency Medicine in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Hiestand assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Hiestand examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1998
Ohio State University College of Medicine And Public Health,Columbus, Ohio, United States 1998
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1998
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- The relationship of intraocular pressure to intracranial pressure.
- Quality of care in elder emergency department patients with pneumonia: a prospective cohort study.
- Effects of age, race, and sex on door-to-electrocardiogram time in emergency department non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome patients.
- Circulatory assist devices in heart failure patients.
- Comparison of balance assessment modalities in emergency department elders: a pilot cross-sectional observational study.
- Cocaine chest pain: between a (crack) rock and a hard place...
- Alcohol-related emergency department visits associated with collegiate football games.
- Prognostic utility of plasma neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin in patients with acute heart failure: the NGAL EvaLuation Along with B-type NaTriuretic Peptide in acutely decompensated heart failure (GALLANT) trial.
- Comparison of an automated algorithm to expert physician interpretation of
- Weekday psychiatry faculty rounds on emergency department psychiatric patients reduces length of stay.
- The diagnosis of acute mesenteric ischemia: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Medical student electives in wilderness medicine: curriculum guidelines.
- If not us, then who? Palliative care referral from the emergency department.
- Considerations for initial therapy in the treatment of acute heart failure.
- Syncope Risk Stratification in the Emergency Department: Another Step Forward.
- Member Emer Med Cardiac Res & Educ Gr
Dr. Brian C Hiestand M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Winston Salem, NC 27157Get Direction
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Dr. Sreeram Duriseti M.D., PH.D.1783 El Camino Real Burlingame CA 94010
- Dr. Joseph Dreyfuss Freeman M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Tony Hue-dan Yuan M.D225 North Jackson Avenue Emeryville CA 94608
- Dr. Susan C. Lambe MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Thomas John Peitz MD2333 Buchanan St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Stephen Gerard Anderka MD2333 Buchanan St San Francisco CA 94115